Biography Profile / Wiki Information
- Tracye Hutchins is an American news anchor, working for CBS 46 WGCL-TV Atlanta. Hutchins can be usually caught on-air during the evenings at 4, 5, and 6:00 p.m., then at night at 11:00 p.m.
Personal Life & Family Background :
- Although she now considers Atlanta her home, Traceye actually grew up in the suburbs of Las Vegas. It was there that she developed her love of food, and still enjoys trying out new restaurants.
- In 1998, after marrying her longtime boyfriend, she gave birth to a baby girl. Her husband and daughter moved with her across various jobs before finally settling down in Atlanta.
- There, the family also brought a small dog named Alex into the family.
- Today, Hutchins and her family frequents many outdoor festivals and events, while she and her husband try out the many restaurants Atlanta has to offer.
- Along with food, Hutchins also has a keen sense of fashion, and she loves to shop!
- She’s even said that if she did have to ever choose another profession, she’d want to be a professional shopper.
Education & College :
- Even as a child, Hutchins knew she wanted to be on the news. Every night, she’d sit with her parents and watch the anchors speak, mesmerized by their stories. As soon as she knew what the job was called, she knew she’d be able to do it someday.
- When she left home to attend Northern Arizona University (NAU), her career goal hadn’t changed. During her time there, she worked on-campus as an anchor for her college radio station, NAU-TV.
- She also worked nearby in Flagstaff, Arizona, as a reporter for a local country radio station.
- After graduating from NAU with her bachelor’s, Traceye used the broadcasts from her time in college to land her first real news job.
Professional Timeline : Salary & Net Worth
- Hutchins’ first news job came in 1993, when she left Arizona and moved to Kirksville, Missouri to work as a bureau chief reporter for a local news station. There, she covered everything from breaking news to the state of Missouri’s soybean crops.
- A few years later, she moved to Terre Haute, Indiana & covered the town’s job crisis following the closing of their major factories. Her next stint was in Fort Myers, Florida, where she reported some of Florida’s worst hurricanes.
- In 2001, after briefly returning to Arizona to work, Hutchins packed up yet again and made her way to Atlanta, Georgia, to work at CNN Headline News.
- She worked there for four years, covering everything from world news and health stories to entertainment.
- In 2005, Hutchins began her journey under the CBS umbrella by taking a position at their affiliate station, KFMB, in San Diego, California.
- In 2007, she moved back to Atlanta to work as a co-host on CBS 46’s morning show Better Mornings Atlanta & even interviewed many celebrity guests.
- She stayed with the morning show until 2013, after which she was promoted to her current evening times.