Biography Profile / Wiki Information
- Kim Passoth is an anchor, reporter and journalist who works for CBS 46 in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Headstrong and passionate about her work, Kim has always been in love with the art of storytelling and has worked very hard to make a name for herself in the industry.
Family Background & Education :
- Passoth was born in Southern California. She was raised in the area and even decided to attend university in Los Angeles.
- She prefers to keep details about her personal life private and little is known about her childhood or general life away from work.
- However, we do know that her family was evacuated from their family home in 2003 because of a wildfire.
- Education : She attended the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) and graduated ‘Summa-Cum-Laude’ with Bachelor’s Degrees in both Mass Communications and Political Science.
- During her time at the University of California, Passoth worked as an intern at the KABC-7 station in Los Angeles and covered several red carpet functions as one of the entertainment interns.
- She then moved on to Daily Bruin Television and Bruin News 29 where she worked as a reporter covering an infamous incident in the university library which involved one of the students on campus getting tasered.
Career Progress, Salary & Net Worth :
- After graduating from university, Passoth began working as a general assignment reporter and anchor for ABC’s KFBB station, located in Great Falls, Montana. She was also tasked with anchoring and organization of the coverage for the presidential elections in 2008.
- Her most memorable moment while working at KFBB was getting to interview Walter Bruening who at 113 years was the oldest man alive at the time.
- Kim then left Montana and relocated to Corpus Christi, Texas, where she worked as a reporter and anchor for the KIII-TV 3 station. She covered multiple breaking news bulletins that included the Mexican-American immigration situation. She also pioneered a segment called Pet of the Week which saw her shining the spotlight on various cats and dogs, which were in desperate need of adoption. Through this segment, she was lucky enough to be able to adopt her dog whom she named Summer.
- Passoth spent three years in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, working as a reporter and anchor and got the opportunity to cover important news stories such as record-breaking natural disasters and crime in and around the city. In 2014, she was at the forefront of covering a dangerous wildfire in Oklahoma and subsequently earned the station an Edward R. Murrow Award for her coverage.
Trivia, Height and Fun Facts :
- When Kim is not working, she enjoys staying as active as possible and loves taking any opportunity she gets to embark on a wild adventure be it jumping off cliffs in Jamaica or get up close and personal with grey whales in Baja California.
- Kim is also a fan of long-distance running and has taken part in the Peachtree 10km Road Race. She also enjoys watching reality television (especially Real Housewives series) and climbing Stone Mountain in her spare time.