Wiki Bio / Profile Background
- As Editor-in-Chief of Majesty Magazine and a Royal Commentator, Ingrid Seward is world-renowned for her knowledge and reporting of not only the British Royal Family but also that of other European Royal Families.
- Known for being one of the foremost royal experts, Ingrid has collaborated with numerous media outlets and provided royal commentary for major news channels. She is also privileged to know some members of the royal family personally.
- An accomplished author, she has written numerous books and articles, which have been published across the world.
Early Life and Education :
- Ingrid was a post-world-war baby. She was born in London in 1948, a couple of years after the Second World War ended.
- Growing up, she was educated at the Frances Holland Girls School in Regents Park, London.
- After graduating from Frances Holland, Ingrid attended Queen’s Secretarial College, one of the Oxford finishing schools.
Personal Life, Parents & Family :
- In 1985, Ingrid met her husband, Ross Benson, at lunch with a friend at a Fleet Street club called ‘Scribes’. During that time, Ingrid had just gotten out of a long relationship, while Ross was still technically married but on the verge of separation.
- Ross Benson was a Scottish journalist and a columnist for the Daily Mail. He had attended Gordonstoun School in Scotland and was in the same class as Prince Charles.
- Ingrid was Ross’ third wife. They were married in 1987.
- Ingrid has one daughter with Ross, Arabella, born in 1989. She is also the stepmother of Ross’ two other children from his previous marriages.
- Sadly, Ross passed away suddenly from a heart attack in 2005.
- After his death, Ingrid discovered that Ross had been a serial adulterer. She had severe nightmares post the revelation of his adulterous nature. She went to a therapist and slowly recovered from her shocks. Despite the mental torment he put her through, Ingrid has forgiven Ross and always counts him as the “Love of her life”.
- Ingrid was very close to her best friend, Sir Dai Llewellyn. Sir Dai also passed away in January 2009. Ingrid grieved his loss immensely.
- Now in her seventies, Seward continues to live in London, in Belgravia.
Work : Career, Income, Salary & Net worth
- One of Ingrid’s first jobs was at the Playboy Empire working for Victor Lowndes as a PR. She later went on to work at Naim Atallah’s Theatrical Agency in the same role.
- In 1983, she made the switch to Majesty Magazine. She is still the magazine’s Editor-in-Chief.
- Ingrid is also ABC Network’s royal commentator. In addition, she also contributes to major US networks & others across the world.
- Commentating on all matters regal for so long has earned Ingrid the trust and confidence of the Royal Family. She is constantly in demand to cover major royal occasions.
- She frequently provides media coverage for royal weddings, dating back to the wedding of Sarah Ferguson and Prince Andrew. She did the same for the funeral of Princess Diana, and that of the Queen Mother.
- Since the early 1990s, Seward has published numerous books, many of them about the life of Princess Diana, Princes William and Harry, as well as the Queen and Queen Mother. Many of her books highlight the fact royal life is not as glamourous as it looks from the outside.
- As a royal expert, she has featured in various miniseries and documentaries relating to the ‘Royal Family’ such as The Palace (2008) and Queen Elizabeth II – The Diamond Celebration (2012), etc.
- Seward also excels as a public speaker and attends many events in this capacity.
Interesting Facts & Trivia :
- Ingrid was hired as a researcher for ‘The Queen’, the Oscar-winning film starring Helen Mirren. She also acted as a script adviser to the ITV drama ‘The Palace’ in 2008.
- The first ‘Royal’ Ingrid met was Queen Elizabeth’s husband, Prince Philip.
- Ingrid is passionate about living well, and she puts some time aside to meditate every day.
Body Info / Physical Features
Ingrid Seward Measurements :
- Eye Colour : Blue
- Haircut / Hair Colour : Blonde
- Ingrid Seward Height : 5’ 2”
- Feet / Legs / Boots / Shoe Size : No confirmed information available.
- Pregnant ? : Currently, she is not expecting a baby.
- Weight Loss : A few Google queries regarding this, but we couldn’t find anything conclusive on any of her social media.
Personal / Home Details
- Marital Status / Married? : Yes
- Children / No of Kids : 1
- Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : White
- Nationality : British