Wikipedia Information / Biography Profile
- Trevor Engelson is an American film producer, talent manager & business owner. Despite his personal success in show business, he is most commonly known for being the ex-husband of former actress and current Duchess of Sussex, Meghan Markle.
Personal Life & Family Background :
- Trevor Engelson was born on October 23, 1976, in Great Neck, New York. One of two sons born to parents David and Leslie, he has a brother named Drew.
- After dating for seven years, Trevor married Meghan Markle in 2011. The couple divorced only two years later, a move that was apparently out of the blue to Trevor.
- In fact, it was so abrupt and unexpected, that Meghan reportedly returned her wedding and engagement rings via registered mail.
- Introduced by mutual friends in 2017, Trevor started dating nutritionist and heiress, Tracey Kurland.
- In June 2018, just weeks after Meghan had married Prince Harry, Trevor too proposed to his new love in Napa Valley. The couple got married in May 2019 at the Rosewood Miramar Beach in Santa Barbara.
Early Life & Education :
- As a student at John L. Miller Great Neck North High School, Trevor already knew that he wanted to get into the film industry, although he did not know in what capacity. His former English teacher (and family friend) described him as a talented writer.
- When he began at the University of Southern California (USC) – Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism, Trevor had pretty much decided on becoming a director. He joked in an interview, however, that he “was not smart enough” to go that route.
- During his summers, he started interning as a production assistant, working on The Tonight Show and on independent movies in New York.
Job, Salary & Net Worth :
- Upon graduating in 1998, Trevor got a job as a production assistant on the movie “Deep Blue Sea.”
- From there, he got a job in the mailroom at William Morris Endeavor — a talent agency in Beverly Hills. He soon made his way into a desk position but was fired for sending out scripts on the company letterhead while his boss was on vacation. Despite this, they admired his ambition and parted ways with him on good terms.
- Realizing that he was not suited for a corporate style setting, Trevor took a job with a small production company called O/Z, and there met his future business partner, Nick Osborne.
- In 2001, Nick & Trevor started production and talent company, Underground Film & Management. Although Nick has since moved on to pursue writing, Trevor still runs the business.
Trivia, Height & Fun Facts :
- Success and hard work run in Trevor’s family. His brother is a technology connoisseur who has worked with clients like National Geographic, PBS, Starbucks and Pfizer. His mom was a speech therapist and his dad was an orthodontist serving many high-profile patients.
- In middle school, Trevor was part of a crew that called themselves “Mudd Juice Posse.” He personally went by the nickname, “FlowerHead.”
- In 2009, The Hollywood Reporter named Trevor one of the “Next Generation 35 Under 35.”
- On his music playlist, one would find reggae, jazz, funk and “a lot of hip hop.”
- Dedicated to his job, Trevor has a notepad with an underwater pen in his steam shower so that he can read scripts in the morning.