|Personal Details Summary|
|Age / How old / Birthday / Date of Birth / DOB||As of 2022, she is around 45 years old. A Guardian article back in 2006, had mentioned her age as 29 back then.|
|Wedding & Marriage / Husband / Engaged / Katie Nicholl Boyfriend||Married. See below for relationship details.|
|Where does Katie Nicholl live?||Katie Nicholl is based in London.|
|Children / No. of Kids||2|
|Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race||White|
Wiki Biography / Profile Information
- Katie Nicholl is well-known as an author, journalist and most importantly, as a royal commentator.
- Highly regarded by her peers, she is probably best known for her coverage of the young royals from the British Royal Family.
- Over the years, she has covered royal weddings and births for various national TV and radio networks in the UK and the USA.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Background :
- Katie is married to a civil servant. The couple has two children and they live in London.
Early Life and Education :
- Katie was born in the same hospital as Kate Middleton in Reading but the birthdate is unknown.
- She attended the Channing School in Highgate, though details of her higher education are unknown.
Career, Income, Salary & Net worth
Early Work :
- Katie’s first job as a journalist was writing for The Daily Telegraph in 2001.
- In 2002, Katie started work as the show business correspondent for The Mail on Sunday, where her job was to get ‘scoops.’
- Quickly it was identified that she was good at finding stories and therefore she earned the title ‘Gossip Girl.’
- A major part of her work was to get invites (or not) to the most fashionable parties, book launches, and lunches. She even gatecrashed model Kate Moss’s 30th birthday party.
- Talking about this phase of her career, Katie mentioned in an article “I have clambered in through loo windows…made friends with bouncers. I know all the back doors…and have a reputation for being able to get in anywhere.”
- After 10 successful years, Katie decided to go freelance, and she has not looked back since.
- She now writes regularly for magazines like Vanity Fair, Grazia, and Your Majesty mainly about the British Royal Family. She has also contributed to several digital platforms including TM2.
- More recently, Katie has been working for Entertainment Tonight, CBC, and the BBC. She reports on all things royal for Channel Nine Australia.
- Katie has written several books on the young royals, including ‘The Making of a Royal Romance’ about Prince William and Kate Middleton’s relationship. ‘William in Love’ and ‘Behind Palace Walls.’
- In 2018, she wrote her book ‘Harry, Life, Loss, and Love.’ The same year, she also covered and reported on the Royal Ascot.
- In September of 2019, she covered The Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s first Royal Tour since the birth of Alfie in Africa.
Interesting Facts, Height & Trivia :
- In a quest for stories, Katie has been known to climb fire escapes, climb in through toilet windows and got to know the bouncers and door-attendants on the most exclusive clubs.
- Actor Jude Law once threw her out of the premiere of his movie ‘Alfie.’
- Quiet often she attends show business events in disguise.
- After attending an Oscar ceremony, she said one of the highlights was dancing with Anne Hathaway.
- To relax, Katie attends yoga classes with Matilda, her young daughter.