Wikipedia Biography / Profile Background
Jenifer Langosch is an MLB reporter, explicitly covering the team St Louis Cardinals. She is responsible for delivering news and insight from inside the clubhouse and out on the field.
Personal Life : Parents, Family and Education
- Jenifer was born in Virginia. Her family moved to Illinois and eventually settled in Marietta, Georgia.
- Her parents became avid Atlanta Braves fans, which is where she developed her passion for baseball.
- She bonded with her father by learning about statistics and history, and this became one of the reasons that she settled on sports writing at an early age.
- Education : In 2007, Langosch graduated from the Missouri School of Journalism at the University of Missouri-Columbia with a double major. She earned a Bachelor of Journalism with a focus on News Editorial as well as a Bachelor of Arts in French Studies.
- Jennifer is married to Matt Segal, a Communications & Marketing professional. In November 2017, Jennifer announced that she was pregnant with a baby girl. Their younger child was born a few years later. The couple are now parents to two children, Audrey and Caleb.
Interesting Facts, Height and Trivia :
- Jenifer is athletic and keeps fit in many ways. She used to play tennis when she was a child and still tries to participate in tournaments. She also picked up running and even paddle (platform) tennis.
- She has a passion for traveling, both for leisure and for work and humanitarian reasons.
- For long-term plans in the future, she has considered giving back to her profession by teaching high school or college journalism.
- Her favorite book is To Kill a Mockingbird.
- Jenifer has spoken to female students who turn to her for advice and has returned to her alma mater to speak to the members of the Association for Women in Sports Media. She does this because she realizes the impact she can make by talking to young women looking to follow in her footsteps in a typically male-dominated field.
Professional Timeline : Success as a Sports Reporter :
- Jenifer was fortunate enough to land an internship with MLB in the summer before her senior year at University.
- This is what led to her landing her dream career writing for MLB.com directly out of college. She covered the Pittsburgh Pirates from 2007-12 and then started reporting for the Cardinals.
- She provided full, daily coverage for Cardinals’ official website & also wrote game summaries, feature stories, and breaking news. She also utilizes social media as a secondary outlet for news.
Work Scope and Career Details :
- Jenifer’s work scope is extensive and comprehensive. During the baseball season, she has to publish three to six short stories or game notes on the website by first pitch. Then, a first draft of the full game story is due by the end of the 8th inning, and it must be completed – with quotes – 90 minutes after the game!
- After that, she has little time to relax, as she is required to look ahead and write a preview story for the next game. In addition to updating MLB’s website, she is responsible for reaching out to readers through all social media platforms.
- Besides the traditional reporting that she does, Langosch also tries to paint the team more as just athletes by shedding light on their human side.
- One example of this is when she shared the impact that the Cardinals players were having directly on the Joplin community when they raised $200,000 in relief funds and took time during the season to visit and announce the “Teams Unite for Joplin” initiative. This was all done to benefit victims of a devastating tornado that destroyed thousands of homes and businesses and killed over 100 people.
Alex Corddry Age, Married, Wikipedia Bio, Wedding【 Height 】Salary
Jenny Cavnar Husband, Bio, Family, Age【 Rockies 】Wikipedia, Married
Alexa Datt Age, Bio Wiki, Single, Engaged【 Married Husband 】Net worth
Kelsey Wingert Husband, Age, Engaged Married, Salary【 Wiki 】Net worth
Brittany Arrieta【 Jake Arrieta Wife 】Wiki, Age, Bio, Wikipedia, Wedding
Kayla Varner Age, Wikipedia Bio【 Bryce Harper Wife 】Wedding, Hair