Wiki Biography / Profile Background
Jenny Cavnar is an American sports reporter and host who currently works for the Colorado Rockies.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Jenny Dee Cavnar was born on July 16, 1982, in Aurora, Colorado.
- After spending several years in California after college, she returned to her home state in 2012 for a job with the Rockies organization.
- Parents : Born to hall of fame high school baseball coach Steve Cavnar (father) and Donna (mother), Jenny is the youngest of their two children. Her brother, Jason, has also coached high school baseball.
- Never straying from her baseball roots, Jenny married former professional baseball player, Steven Spurgeon in 2014. The couple now lives in Colorado with their young son, Vincent, and their vizsla named Bodhi.
Early Life and Education :
- Growing up in a sports family, Jenny knew early on what she wanted to do. In high school, she regularly watched Monday Night Football with her dad and aspired to be like their female sideline reporter, Melissa Stark.
- Her family also shared season tickets in the first year the Rockies became a franchise.
- An athlete herself, Jenny played softball at Smoky Hill High School and lacrosse for the club team at Colorado State University – where she earned a dual degree in communications and marketing.
- During her time in college, she also got involved with CTV covering sports and working as a sideline reporter.
- In the summer before her junior year, she also did an internship with KUSA 9News based out of Denver, Colorado.
TV Career, Job, Salary and Net worth :
- After college, Jenny continued to build her portfolio in sports. She worked as an assistant women’s lacrosse coach at UCLA and as a reporter for several networks, including ESPN, CBS College Sports and Fox Sports West.
- She got her first full-time baseball gig when she was hired as the pre/postgame field reporter for the San Diego Padres. She held this position from 2007-2011.
- In 2012, Jenny had the opportunity to return home when she was offered a position with the Colorado Rockies.
Creating History :
- Beginning as a host and sideline reporter, she made history in 2015 when she became the first female to provide analysis on the radio in the National League.
- She again made history in April of 2018 when she became one of a few females in MLB history (and the first in 25 years!) to call the play-by-play in a regular-season game.
Fun Facts and Trivia :
- Jenny was given one day’s notice before making her play-by-play debut. To prepare, her husband played the video game “MLB: The Show” while she provided the commentary.
- Colorado State University has graduated several history-making women. Among their alumni are Becky Hammon – the first female full-time assistant in NBA history; and Amy Van Dyke – the first American female to win four gold medals during the Olympic games.
- A true baseball fanatic, Jenny and Steve named their son Vincent after legendary Dodgers announcer Vin Scully.
- When a Rockies home run came in the first inning, she got the chance to make the celebrated home run call. Her call, “Fire up the fountains. She’s gone!” was lauded all over the league.
Body Figure / Physical Info
Jenny Cavnar Measurements :
- Eye Color : Brown
- Haircut / Hair Color : Brown
- How tall is Jenny Cavnar Height : 5′7″
- Feet / Legs / Boots / Shoe Size : No confirmed information available.
- Pregnant? : Currently, she is not expecting a baby.
Personal / Home Details
- Marital Status / Married? : Yes
- Jenny Cavnar Children / Kids : 1
- Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : White
- Nationality : American
Alex Corddry Age, Married, Wikipedia Bio, Wedding【 Height 】Salary
Alexa Datt Age, Bio Wiki, Single, Engaged【 Married Husband 】Net worth
Kelsey Wingert Husband, Age, Engaged Married, Salary【 Wiki 】Net worth
Brittany Arrieta【 Jake Arrieta Wife 】Wiki, Age, Bio, Wikipedia, Wedding
Jenifer Langosch Age, Bio, Wiki, Wedding, Married, MLB, Husband
Kayla Varner Age, Wikipedia Bio【 Bryce Harper Wife 】Wedding, Hair
Where is Jenny? We miss her
I am 87…loved baseball all my life. Other than Russ Hodges (San Francisco Giants) you have been the best! Love your complete description, minute detail, positive attitude you are super cute!
I saw my first game at age 7 and have followed the Giants & Oakland A’s. They moved 20 years ago to Colorado and now my team is THE ROCKIES! They have the best uniforms around. I hope you can keep announcing.
My husband and I have enjoyed having Jenny Cavnar!!. She is why I have been watching baseball!! Easy to follow, understand!! I truly hope she is around a long time! Thank You JENNY CAVNAR!! YOU ADD A LOT TO THE GAME OF BASEBALL!!!