|Personal Details Summary|
|Age / How old / Birthday / Date of Birth / DOB||November 4, 1992. As of 2023, she is around 31 years old.|
|Wedding & Marriage / Husband / Engaged / Fiance / Partner||Married. Check the full bio for relationship details.|
|Children / No. of Kids||2|
|Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race||White|
|Are Bryce Harper and Kayla Varner still together?||From high school to forever! For over ten years, Bryce Harper and Kayla Varner have been together.|
Wiki Biography / Profile Background
- Kayla Varner is an American athlete & a former collegiate soccer player for Ohio State & Brigham Young University. Her interest in soccer started young, possibly sparked by her mother, who also played in the Mormon church-owned university.
- She is best known as the partner of baseball player Bryce Harper.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Kayla was born on November 4, 1992, in Henderson, Nevada. She was raised in Las Vegas and has two younger siblings by the name of McKay and Markus. Her parents are Sean Varner (father) and Lizz Varner (mother).
- Kayla attended Green Valley High School, followed by Brigham Young University before transferring to Ohio State.
- Her hobbies are reading, shopping, watching baseball, and quoting movies. She also loves her food and has a dedicated Instagram account for this!
- She seems to be very close to her friends and family, as seen from postings on her social media. She was especially proud when her two brothers went on missionary work in Charlottesville, WV, and Lima, Peru. Kayla is an animal lover and has a dog named Wrigley.
- On 16th December 2016, Kayla married her high school sweetheart, Washington Nationals outfielder, Bryce Harper.
- Kayla follows the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints; as does her husband, and they were married in a private ceremony at the San Diego Mormon temple.
- Very supportive of her husband’s baseball career, Varner often seen attends games and helps the Washington Nats in fundraising drives.
- Bryce and Kayla became first-time parents in August 2019, when their baby boy, Krew Aron, was born. In November 2020, Kayla gave birth to their daughter, Brooklyn Elizabeth Harper.
Soccer Career and Profile :
Green Valley High School : Captain of Green Valley Gators
- Kayla played four seasons with the Green Valley Gators and was captain for three. During her time, she had shown exceptional leadership on the field, which helped Green Valley reached the playoffs each year.
- Under her captaincy, Green Valley won two Sunrise conference titles, three Southeast division titles, and the 2011 Nevada state championship. She was a prolific player, scoring 112 goals and 83 assists in her four years.
Brigham Young University : BYU Cougars
- Kayla played two seasons at BYU with scoring one goal and assisting three over 33 games, she scored the winning penalty kick in the 2012 NCAA Tournament Sweet Sixteen against Marquette.
Ohio State University
- Kayla transferred to Ohio State in her junior year, playing all twenty games for the Ohio Buckeyes. The coach, Lori Walker, has said she was thrilled to have Kayla. “Her speed and ability to run with the ball at defenses, along with her high level of collegiate experiences, make her a wonderful addition to our junior class.”
Love Story Begins :
- A lot has been written about the relationship between Kayla and Bruce Harper. The couple is very public about their affections online.
- The college sweethearts started dating around 2012 and were engaged in May 2014. Wedding bells were set to ring on 2 January 2015, but the planned wedding didn’t happen.
- There was a lot of speculation on this, especially since the couple unfollowed each other on social media.
- The wedding was back on track when the couple was photographed together on the red carpet for the 2016 ESPYS Awards.
- Kayla was spotted wearing an engagement ring, and she later confirmed the engagement on her Instagram post.
The Wedding Ceremony :
- The wedding took place on December 16, 2016, in a private ceremony at the Mormon temple in San Diego.
- Kayla wore a white wedding dress designed by Penelope Perkins while Bruce wore a suit from Stitched Up. The interior of his jacket was custom made, lined with photographs of Kayla during their engagement photoshoot.
- It rained all day during the temple ceremony. The couple embraced it, gamely taking beautiful photographs in the rain.
- The reception took place at San Diego Polo Fields, attended by friends, family, and Bryce’s teammates from the Washington Nats. A barn was built especially for the ceremony. The inside was decorated with vintage baseball and soccer paraphernalia to reflect the bride and groom’s career.
- The menu for the reception was reminiscent of the couple’s first date at a Mexican restaurant. They had a donut wedding cake and a donut wall. For entertainment, Bryce surprised Kayla by inviting Josh Radin to sing You got what I need” for their first dance. The couple watched a movie a couple of years back, and they loved the song.
- Reminiscing about the wedding, Kayla described the final moments of the day, We kicked out all the caterers, the wedding planner, the DJ, and had our last dance just being Mr. and Mrs. Harper…It was definitely my favorite moment by far.
Charity Work and Contribution :
- Kayla’s charitable works includes supporting the Alliance for Haiti’s Children.
- She visited Haiti bringing school supplies and toys to schools. She also ran a soccer camp for girls during the visit, handing out running shoes to the girls sponsored by Under Armour
- Kayla also promoted the Washington Nationals Pet calendar, where proceeds went to Humane Rescue Alliance.
Awards and Trophies :
- 2009 NSCAA All-American Team selection
- NSCAA 2009 All-Region Team selection
- 2009 & 2011 Nevada High School Player of the Year
- 2011 NSCAA Senior Excellence Award Winner
- 2011 Las Vegas Athletics Club Outstanding Female Athlete
- 2011 Nevada State 4A High School Champions
Alex Corddry Age, Married, Wikipedia Bio, Wedding【 Height 】Salary
Jenny Cavnar Husband, Bio, Family, Age【 Rockies 】Wikipedia, Married
Alexa Datt Age, Bio Wiki, Single, Engaged【 Married Husband 】Net worth
Kelsey Wingert Husband, Age, Engaged Married, Salary【 Wiki 】Net worth
Brittany Arrieta【 Jake Arrieta Wife 】Wiki, Age, Bio, Wikipedia, Wedding
Jenifer Langosch Age, Bio, Wiki, Wedding, Married, MLB, Husband