Biography Profile / Wiki Information
Julie Reinger is a British journalist, reporter and weather presenter.
Personal Life : Family & Education
- Julie was born in 1974 in Oxfordshire, England.
- She studied Broadcast Journalism at Nottingham Trent University.
- Julie’s first husband was the football player Christian Edwards. Edwards had played for Nottingham Forest as a defender. The marriage took place in 2001.
- Christian & Julie separated in 2003 and got divorced in 2005 because it was difficult for them to spend quality time together.
- They said they almost always talked on the phone, but could not see each other due to their work. Being a footballer, Christian had training & matches on the weekends, and Julie used to work in Norwich for the full week.
- Julie got married in 2009 to Chris Goreham, who is a BBC football commentator. Together, they have a son named Finn.
- She has a country cottage and loves to spend time with her husband & son there.
TV Career, Salary & Net Worth :
- In 1992, Reinger started to work as a newsroom assistant in BBC Radio Nottingham. She also worked there in programme presentation.
- In 1997, she started her TV career working as a picture editor & planner for BBC East Midlands Today. She also worked there as weather forecaster.
- Other segments that Julie has worked on include Dream Jobs, Crazy Collectors and Gardens Galore.
- In 1999, Julie joined BBC’s regional team to work as a full-time weather presenter. More than two decades later, she still continues to work there.
Interesting Facts, Height & Trivia :
Born in 1974. As of 2020, she is around 46 years old.
- Julie has blonde hair and blue eyes. Her height is around 5 feet 3 inches.
- Her favourite food is carrot cake. Her favourite movie is It’s a Wonderful Life, in fact, watching old movies is one of her favourite activities. Her favourite TV show is Ally McBeal.
- She recounts that one of the most challenging aspects of her job is to fill 2.5 minutes of the weather forecast in the summer. There are only so many ways you can describe – sunny, hot & dry conditions!
- In 2011, Julie volunteered together with her son in Norfolk, offering their services to the community. They served cups of coffee to regular folks, aiming to encourage people to help others.
- She is a claustrophobic!
- Julie’s favourite kind of weather – the kind that makes rainbows, because the most beautiful things in the world don’t cost anything!
- Julie mentions that the worst present she received was a pack of polyester pants with days of the week printed on them.
- Julie’s first job was selling women’s clothes.
- When Julie was going through her divorce with her ex-husband Edwards, she said it was a challenging time because she had to be in front of the cameras pretending her life was perfect when it was actually horrible and painful at that time. She actually used to cry when she was in make-up and then, 5 minutes later, was smiling on screen. Though the divorce was very amicable, it was not an easy decision & very painful.