Wikipedia Biography / Profile Information
- Former Miss Hawaii USA, an author & a Fox 4 News anchor, Heather Hays is a woman of strength, courage, and empathetic compassion that everyone around her experiences in and out of the workplace.
- While she works primarily for Fox 4 and has been there for more than 18 years, Heather has an immense devotion to volunteer work for children.
- Given her passion for caring for children, Heather’s biggest dream was to fall in love, get married, and to start a family of her own.
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- Bachelor’s degree from Chaminade University of Honolulu with a BS in Behavioral Sciences.
- Master’s degree in Television and Film from Boston University.
- Hays is happily married to Jeff Roberts since 2007 & has two daughters.
- Because her work schedule with Fox 4 is primarily in the evening, Heather devotes family time to the breakfast hours of the day.
- She keeps a personal journal for all of her most memorable moments of being a mother. Some of the best stories include her older daughter first falling in love with the beach when they visited Hawaii.
- Another was when her family visited Dallas Arboretum, and her older daughter had her first-ever Easter Egg hunt.
Interesting & Fun Facts :
- Fox 4 Dallas co-anchor Steve Eagar once explained to Heather how to do a “man hug” on air.
- Heather took Behavioral Sciences as an undergraduate degree because she originally wanted to become a sports psychologist.
- She is a huge fan of the Dallas Cowboys.
- For last few years now, Heather has been working with Toys for Tots, an organization that takes toy donations to give to kids for Christmas.
- She still has her favorite childhood toy, “Mrs. Beasley.”
- Encourages people to do volunteer work and to “follow your passion” in terms of what specific volunteer work a person should do.
Heather Hays Book :
- Heather wrote and self-published a book called Surviving Suicide: Help to Heal Your Heart after losing her fiancé to suicide. She married her current husband Jeff after this incident but had grieved for ten years before then.
- Besides pain, Hays felt shame and embarrassment that he had suffered so much without her being aware of it.
- She spent the first few months telling people that he died in a car accident, fearing the stigma of suicide would make him appear “cowardly” or “weak.”
- The part of what helped her through the grief was actually allowing herself to feel the grief and all of the pain rather than bottle them up until they overwhelmed and consumed her.
- On a talk shared with NE Campus on November 12, 2013, that she quoted “She merely got through the pain, never over it. I don’t think you ever get over it.”
- In response to this loss, Heather spends every day deliberately expressing her love to her family. She hopes others will do the same learning from her experience.
Body Info / Physical Features
Heather Hays Measurements :
- Eye Color : Blue
- Haircut / Hair Color : Brown / Light Blonde
- How tall / Height : No confirmed information available.
- Feet / Legs / Boots / Shoe Size : No confirmed information available.
- Pregnant ? : Currently, she is not expecting a baby.
Personal / Home Details
- Married? : Yes
- Children / No of Kids : 2
- Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : White
- Nationality : American