Nancy Chen is an American journalist & anchor who worked for many years with WJLA-TV, an ABC7 station based in Washington D.C. In February 2020, Chen began her career with CBS News.
Personal Life : Parents, Family and Education
- Nancy was born in Texas but was raised in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Her parents still continue to live there.
- After graduating from high school, Nancy went to the University of California as a Trustee Scholar on full scholarship. She graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in International Relations. She has also studied Chinese at Peking University in Beijing.
- During college days, she worked as the Managing editor of the China Institute’s Magazine US-China Today.
- She had the opportunity to intern at some well-known places – At NBC Universal at their Beijing Bureau, at ABC News; for Good Morning America at the LA Bureau. With GMA, she assisted in covering the 2007 Golden Globes event & the Oscars.
Career, Income, Salary and Net Worth :
- After working with CBS News’ Newspath division since February 2020, Nancy joined CBS News as a New York correspondent in 2021.
- Prior to CBS, Nancy was employed with ABC7 (WJLA-TV). She was there from April 2017 there until 2020. Before that, she worked at WHDH-TV in Greater Boston Area for five years as the fill-in-anchor for the weekday show Today in New England. She was also their weekend anchor.
- Prior to WHDH, Chen worked in San Luis Obispo, California, for KSYB as a multimedia journalist. Here her main stories included the live coverage during the tsunami evacuations & the Amgen Tour of California.
- In August 2008, Nancy was a production associate during the NBC Olympics. She was part of the team that produced for NBC Sports during the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing.
- She also has some experience as a print reporter as she had worked for the newspaper Tulsa World for close to three years.
Interesting Facts, Height and Trivia :
- When she is not working, Nancy likes staying active by running & exploring the outdoors. She loves cooking and enjoys the company of her friends and family, mostly during the holidays.
- An admirer of good fashion, she especially likes dresses that have pockets.
- She loves drinking coffee; especially in the morning, to kick-start her day.
- While working at WHDH, Nancy covered major stories such as the Boston Marathon bombing & its aftermath, the 2015 Super Bowl, a royal visit by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, and a Medal of Honor ceremony at the White House.
- In 2022, CBS This Morning received the prestigious Emmy Award for “Outstanding Live News Program” at the 43rd News and Documentary Emmy Awards. Chen was listed as a correspondent in the award, a testament to her outstanding reporting skills.
- How tall is Nancy Chen Height : 5′4″ (confirmed information)
Currently in a relationship.