Natalie Nyhus (maiden name Natalie Kane), along with being a devoted mother and wife, is a host and reporter for the Big Ten Network. However, she is most well-known as the former reporter and anchor for WCCO-TV.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Natalie Nyhus, formerly known as Natalie Kane, married Peder Nyhus in April 2013.
- The couple had their first child together in October 2016.
- One of Natalie’s best friends turned out to be her co-anchor on WCCO-TV, Mike Augustyniak. Although they are no longer on-air together, they remain close friends.
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- Before Natalie became known and missed for her work with WCCO-TV, she attended college at the University of St. Thomas.
- The University of St. Thomas, based in St. Paul, is one of the largest and oldest private Catholic colleges in Minnesota.
- She graduated in 2004 with a Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast & Print Journalism, and theology.
Life before Broadcasting : Dance & Other Jobs
- Before getting into broadcasting, Natalie had several other short-term odd jobs in order to pay her way through college and begin her life afterward. Many of those jobs involved her passion for dancing.
- In August 2001, Natalie joined the dance team for the professional basketball team – Minnesota Timberwolves.
- After a few more odd jobs, she took another dance position with Showstoppers Dance Competitions and Conventions as a convention instructor in January of 2006, then returned to work with the Minnesota Timberwolves from August 2006 to May 2011.
- Instead of dancing, however, she worked as the in-arena host and emcee.
Reporting Career, Salary and Net worth :
- Natalie’s media career truly began in 2007, when she became a host and reporter for Home Team Sports (HTS), a division of Fox Sports. She continued to work with HTS until April of 2016.
- In 2008, she began working with the Minneapolis version of The CW called The CW Twin Cities both as a host and a crewmember.
- From there, Nyhus quickly moved on to working with other networks and programs, most notably the Big Ten Network, which is dedicated to sports. She began hosting and reporting for BTN in August of 2009.
- She also spent time on the Minnesota-based game show 21 Cards, which was similar to the popular show Deal Or No Deal. She became a host for the show in September 2009.
- At the same time, she was also reporting for TV Guide and still working for the Minnesota Timberwolves.
- In January 2011, Natalie signed on with WCCO-TV as an anchor and reporter and began putting most of her energy into that station. She stayed there for six years before leaving to focus on raising her daughter. She now only works for BTN (as per her Linkedin profile).
- Why did Natalie Nyhus leave WCCO / What happened to Natalie Nyhus on WCCO News : Natalie is no longer seen on TV. She spends most of her time raising her daughter & pursuing her own creative endeavors. She also has not updated her social media since 2017, leaving it to speculation what she does these days.
Health Update :
- Natalie Nyhus Illness / Sick : She has no major illness or sickness to date and seems to be in good health.
Natalie Nyhus Measurements :
- Eye Color : Brown
- Haircut / Hair Color : Blonde
- How tall / Height : No confirmed information available.
- Feet / Legs / Boots / Shoe Size : No confirmed information available.
- Pregnant? : Currently, she is not expecting a baby.
- Natalie Nyhus Illness : Many users posted queries regarding this, especially after she left WCCO, but we couldn’t find anything conclusive on Natalie’s social media or her website. Her Twitter account was last updated in 2017, whereas her personal Facebook account has not been updated since 2013.
- Marital Status / Married? : Yes
- Natalie Nyhus Children / Kids : 1
- Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : White
- Nationality : American