Jamie Yuccas is an American journalist, investigative reporter, and news anchor. She is most well-known for her work as a CBS news correspondent.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Jamie was born in Minnesota on August 3, 1982.
- She was born into a regular American family, and besides being close to her parents, she was also very close to her maternal grandfather, who instilled in her some of the morals and ethics she still holds on to today.
- Jamie was formerly married to John Sheehan, a regional businessman, and manager. They got married in 2007 but divorced 10 years later in 2017. Later, she dated an airline pilot Bobby Maslar for some time.
- Currently, she lives in Los Angeles.
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- When she was in third grade, Jamie had met WCCO news anchor Don Shelby. Jamie was impressed by and was in total awe of him.
- Jamie made their way through the American education system with great success. As a young adult, she was always regarded as confident & possessing a natural talent for words. By age 8, Yuccas was already doing interviews and recording them on a tape recorder her parents had gifted her.
- While still living in Minnesota, Jamie went on to study successfully for a degree in Journalism and the media at the University of Minnesota & quickly followed that by starting work with KTTC-TV in Rochester, MN, in 2003.
Career, Job, Salary and Net worth :
- From June 2011 to August 2015, Jamie worked as a reporter and journalist at WCCO-TV, the CBS affiliate in Minneapolis.
- From October 2004 to June 2011, Yuccas was an anchor, reporter, and producer for WBBH-TV in Ft Myers, Florida. At WBBH-TV, she covered many national disasters, like major hurricanes and the Gulf Oil Spill.
- From May 2003 to October 2004, she was a weekend anchor/reporter at KTTC/KXLT stations in Rochester, Minnesota.
- Jamie is currently a popular and well-respected reporter on CBS News, becoming their Los Angeles correspondent in August 2015.
Important Stories and Awards :
- While at WBBH-TV, Yuccas won a Florida Associated Press Award for a feature that she wrote, produced, and presented about U.S. Marshal operations.
- Throughout her career, she has also won an Emmy twice and has reported some very high-profile stories.
- Jamie was the first journalist on-site during the horrendous Pulse nightclub shooting in Orlando in June 2016 when 49 people were murdered by anti-gay extremist Omar Mateen.
- Besides this huge story, Jamie has also reported on the 2016 US Presidential campaign, the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and the damage caused by Hurricane Harvey in 2017.
Trivia and Interests :
- In her spare time, Jamie likes to travel and enjoys tropical holidays. She often posts the pictures from her trips with her boyfriend on her Instagram and Twitter feeds.
- Very conscious of her weight & health, Yuccas likes to exercise by running and practicing yoga, and she eats what she describes as a healthy diet, albeit including wine.
- Yuccas had her first taste of journalism at WCCO when she worked there as an intern. She credits WCCO for helping build a resume videotape and falling in love with TV journalism.