Wikipedia Information / Bio Profile
Introduction : Who is Peter Stefanovic ?
- Peter Stefanovic’s is a news reporter and journalist. He is the younger brother of Karl Stefanovic, the co-host of the Nine Network’s breakfast program and winner of Australian Gold Logie Award.
- Peter has a penchant for taking up tough assignments and has made numerous forays into the war torn provinces in Irag and Syria reporting from the ground.
- Peter has shown great versatility in covering both political events, natural calamities like the earthquake in Nepal in 2015 to even reporting about the royal wedding between Prince William and Kate Middleton.
- Born in Australia, he has a huge fan following for his political commentaries and films.
Early Life, Education & Family :
- Education – Peter graduated from Queensland’s University of Technology.
- Family – Peter was Born to Parents Serbian-German father Alex and Australian mother Jenny Stefanovic
- Peter has three siblings; Karl Stefanovic, Tom Stefanovic and their sister Elisa Stefanovic.
- He also has two nephews Jackson and River Stefanovic and a niece Ava.
Marriage Details :
- He tied the knot with Sylvia Jeffreys after two years of dating, in what was dubbed by the entire media as “the wedding of the year”.
- Their wedding got quite some eyeballs with almost everyone from the paparazzi fighting to cover it and some even going overboard literally while covering it.
- The bride Sylvia also called out to an over-enthusiastic journalist on her social media account, who crashed and submerged their car while covering the wedding.
- The wedding was a rich affair spanning two days on one of the most beautiful properties in the Southern Highlands region; Ooralba Estate and was graced by many celebrities including his big brother Karl Stefanovic and Lisa Wilkinson.
- Peter took his bride on a lavish honeymoon to Kokomo Private Island resort in Fiji.
Job, Salary, Career & Net Worth :
- As of 2018, Peter is a Channel Nine News presenter and reporter and Weekend Today host.
- He has been stationed overseas posting in Europe, Middle East and Africa as part of his work with Channel Nine.
- Peter was a cadet reporter with Win TV in Rockhampton and Canberra
- He is the author of the book Hack in a Flak Jacket: Wars, Riots and Revolutions- Dispatches from a Foreign Correspondent.
- He received a nomination for the prestigious Walkley Award for excellence in Journalism for reporting from Gaza City during the Israeli military invasion.
- There were two controversies that surrounded his marriage to Sylvia Jeffreys.
- Karl’s three children seventeen-year-old Jackson, twelve-year-old Ava and ten-year-old River were reportedly upset at not being able to attend their Uncles wedding.
- River was photographed playing a junior football match while his mother Cassandra watched proudly from the sidelines.
Height, Trivia & Interesting Facts :
- Peter loves playing the guitar and was captured by paparazzi carrying one on his honeymoon as he boarded a helicopter with his wife enroute to their Fijian honeymoon.
- Karl and his brother Tom did a famous groomsmen speech for their brother Peter.