Karen Ledbury is an Australian television personality known for her work with morning programs and infomercials.
Personal Life & Interesting Facts :
- Karen was born in Queensland, Australia, in a close-knit family.
- Being raised in rural Queensland, she grew up a bubbly child with a tomboy streak. She has stated that as a child, she considered herself to be quite a daredevil.
- In her teen years, she moved to Sydney, NSW.
- A black belt in Karate, Karen often practices the martial arts style as a way to keep fit.
- As of 2018, she has been living in Sydney for over 20 years and considers that her home.
Karen Ledbury Husband & Children :
- Married to a boyfriend she met in university, Karan has 3 children – all of them sons.
- All of her pregnancies had a 4-year gap between them. She has stated she planned them, so as not to take too much time away from her career.
- She usually used to pick her children up from school straight after leaving her job, which meant that she usually had her television make up on & this occasionally resulted in strange looks from the other parents.
Early Career, Salary & Net Worth :
- Prior to working on TV, Karen began working as a hairdresser’s apprentice while still in high school.
- By age 21, she was a qualified hairdresser and make-up artist.
- She began working in events with local radio stations & studied TV broadcasting at university.
- After working various freelancer roles, she landed a role with the 7 Network in 2008. She appeared on their shows “The Morning Show” and “The Daily Edition” as a co-host.
- In 2010, she became the lead reporter for The Sydney Weekender, which has seen her traipsing around Sydney to uncover hidden cafes and fun activities.
- Her work with infomercials on “The Morning Show” has led to her being dubbed the Infomercial Queen of Australia.
- Since 2009, she has also worked as a tutor for the National Institute of Dramatic Arts (NIDA). She teaches the programs Presenting to the Camera and TV Presenting.
Social Media & Charity Pursuits :
- Karen is passionate about her charity pursuits. She is an ambassador for the Variety Children’s Charity, Fight on the Beaches and Save our Sons.
- Variety, in particular, holds a special place in her heart and she has been working with them since 2008. She has stated that having children of her own made her realize the important work they do, and she regularly appears as the host or MC for their fundraising events.
- She uses her social media to bring awareness to the causes close to her heart.
- As of 2018, her Instagram account @karenledbury has 14,000+ followers, while her Twitter account of the same name has 4,000+ followers.