Maeve O Meara Wikipedia, Age, Biography, Partner || Husband, Family
Maeve O’Meara Birthday / Age / Date of Birth / DOB
Born in 1960. As of 2019, she is around 59 years old.
Marriage & Wedding / Husband / Kids / Spouse
Bio Profile / Wiki Information
- As a world-renowned chef and journalist, Maeve O’Meara is known best for being the host of the Australian cooking show Food Safari.
Personal Life & Family Background :
- One of O’Meara’s earliest childhood memories is of her kicking a nun on her first day of grammar school. The woman had “emerged from the shadows” and the terrified O’Meara lashed out immediately.
- The thrill of that danger stood with her, however, and when she got a bit earlier, she decided she wanted to be a stuntwoman.
- Growing up in Sydney, she often had plenty of room to get into dangerous antics with her younger brother, Matt, and would do so on a regular basis. It wasn’t until her mother introduced soy sauce into their household that her interests began to change from jumping off of walls and trees to cooking.
- Both her mother and father had Irish ancestry, and the food they cooked for their children reflected this. Once her mother got ahold of soy sauce, she began cooking a sort of Irish stir-fry. That was the moment O’Meara realized food could be interesting.
- Nationality : Australian
Marriage & Kids :
- After settling into her desired career, Maeve met Ben Stack in 1993. He would go on to become her first husband and father three children.
- In 1995, she gave birth to her only son, Connor. Two years later, she gave birth to her middle child – daughter Kitty. In 1999, she gave birth to her last daughter, Carli.
- After therr children were born, the couple divorced, although they still maintain an amicable relationship.
- Her son now has a child of his own, a young girl named Arabella, making Maeve a grandma.
- Currently, Maeve is dating Toufic Charabati, a Lebanese man who has been her colleague and friend for a long time.
Professional Life, Salary & Net Worth :
- Maeve began her career a year after she graduated from college with an arts degree. Unsure of the exact path she wanted to take, she traveled for a year and found enjoyment in the spontaneity of each day. This led her to journalism.
- Her work began with traditional news programs such as The Carleton-Walsh Report. In 1990, she moved to Australia network SBS’s station called Dateline, which had a strong emphasis on food. There, she rekindled her love of the culinary world.
- After several years working for SBS, she launched her company Gourmet Safari, an Australian tour company that would allow people to experience the many different cuisines Australia offers.
- Following the success of her company, SBS created a show centered around the idea and called it Food Safari. Hosted by O’Meara, each episode takes viewers on a journey to a different culinary scene in Australia. Some episodes are based on culture, while some are based on the cooking method, such as the use of an open flame or water.
- O’Meara also started hosting the show’s sixth season, beginning October 12th 2017.
Currently Married. See above for details.