Biography Profile / Wikipedia Information
- Deborah Clay is an Australian presenter, journalist, commentator, news director and charity ambassador.
- Charming, smart and beautiful, Deborah is passionate about her work and although globally many do not know her, she has built a solid reputation in Australia.
Personal Life : Family and Education
- Clay was born and raised in Australia.
- In May 2003, she tied the knot to an actor named Kristian Schmid. The couple has two sons named Oliver, 10, and Leo, 12 (ages as of 2020).
- When she was young, she loved to read a lot and often preferred visiting political monuments as a child instead of places like Disneyland.
- When she was in high school, Deborah’s strongest and favourite subjects were Drama and English.
- She attended college at the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts and the University of Technology in Sydney.
Early Work and Jobs :
- After completing school, Deborah reached out to a local news publication called the Hills Shire Times. There, she gained plenty of experience writing articles on various issues such as crime and council problems. She also wrote several film and food reviews.
- Eventually, she landed a job at AM band as a Radio Newsreader. Clay was encouraged to pursue this career by News Director and radio legend, Greg Henricks who insisted she had both the voice and writing skills to pursue a career in radio journalism.
- She was also a journalist for other radio networks like 2SM, DMG and 2KY.
- 3 years after getting her start in radio, Deborah switched to TV and worked for Sky News Australia as a producer and presenter.
Career Progress, Salary & Net Worth :
- After working in TV for a while, Clay returned to radio and worked at Southern Cross Austereo where she was a news presenter for the breakfast show.
- She eventually moved to the Australian Radio Network (ARN) where she was given the position of News Director based in Sydney. She was later promoted to Brisbane News Director in addition to being the Sydney News Director.
- In 2017, Deborah was given yet another job title, this time, National News Director, overseeing the news for 10 of the local radio stations including KIIS and WSFM.
- Besides her work for ARN, Clay was also one of the regular commentators and contributors for the “Sunrise” show on Channel 7.
- She also contributes to 3 shows on ABC called, “The Morning Show”, “The Drum” and “Weekend Sunrise”.
- Aside from radio and TV, Deborah has previously tried her hand at acting and appeared in 3 features namely, ‘Home and Away’, ‘Joy’ and ‘The Leaving of Liverpool’.
Trivia, Height & Fun Facts :
- In 2018, Deborah attended the Women in Media Awards where she received a Producer/Journalist award.
- She also attended the Australian Commercial Radio Awards, where she received a ‘Journalism Brian White Memorial Award’.
- Clay is an experienced and accomplished MC who has hosted several events as part of the National Centre for Childhood Grief. She is also an ambassador for the center.