Biography Profile / Wikipedia Information
- Venus Behbahani-Clark is a human rights lawyer, entrepreneur, radio show host and reality television star.
- She is most commonly known for her role as one of the newest cast members of the Real Housewives of Melbourne (RHOM).
Family Background & Personal Life :
- Venus was born on August 18, 1981, in Iran, but moved to Rome, Italy as a baby. She continued to live in Italy until she was nine years old, at which time she moved with her family to Melbourne, Australia.
- In 2016, she married successful businessman James Nicholas Clark. The couple lives in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne with her two kids from a previous relationship: Giselle, 8; and Sophia, 4.
- They also own properties in the UK, Europe and the Middle East.
- The Behbahani family is extremely close. Father Boji, mother Zinat, and sister Rebecca all make regular appearances on Venus’ Instagram profile.
Early Life & Education :
- Not knowing English, Venus was bullied when she first arrived in Melbourne and went through a rough period of three months where she barely spoke at all. As a way to reinvent herself, she unofficially changed her name to Vanessa for a short time.
- In 2006, she received her Bachelor of Law from La Trobe University in Melbourne. She previously earned a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Media from Monash University.
Job, Philanthropy & Net Worth :
Work in the Legal Field :
- Venus knew she wanted to be a lawyer at 9 years old and began her law career as a paralegal, then as a dispute resolution and litigation lawyer at Aitken Partners in Melbourne.
- In 2011, she left the firm to pursue her passion for human rights and joined the Child Protection Litigation Office as a prosecuting lawyer. She has currently put her law career on hold but plans to return to it once her daughters are older.
Business & Reality Television :
- After almost two years of planning, her company Venus Cosmetics was officially launched in December 2017, offering the first dual-tone lipsticks in Australia. The idea for the company was sparked by Venus’ close relationship with her late grandmother who was bedridden for 17 years but found simple joy in wearing lipstick.
- An outspoken supporter of LGBTQ rights, Venus co-hosts the Mad Wednesday podcast on JOY 94.9 – Australia’s only gay and lesbian radio station.
- She joined the cast of RHOM in its fourth season and quickly became involved in the drama – often at the center. Theatricals aside, she has become a fan-favorite for her cat-like appearance and openness regarding her plastic surgery and a tragic miscarriage that occurred during filming.
Personal Life, Height & Fun Facts :
- Boji (Venus’ father) loves mythology, and named her after the Roman goddess of love, sex, beauty, and fertility.
- Although disputed, husband James Clark claims to have inherited a lordship title from his paternal grandfather that skipped his father – essentially making his wife “Lady Venus.”
- James proposed after only three dates and flew in a diamond From Miami to Venice for the special occasion.
- Having first struggled with English as a second language, she is now proficient in four languages: English, Persian (Farsi), Italian and French.