It’s not many who can claim that the very famous Oprah Winfrey is their godmother. Kirby Bumpus, the daughter of Oprah’s close friend Gayle King can do that and more. She is also a Democratic Party member from Greenwich, Connecticut.
Kirby Bumpus Family & Personal Details :
- Kirby is the daughter of popular television personality Gayle King (mother) and William Bumpus (father) who was an Assistant Attorney General in Connecticut.
- Kirby’s parents got divorced in 1993 after eleven years of marriage.
- Her grandparents were Peggy King and Scott King. Kirby also has a brother, William Bumpus Jr.
- Education : Kirby is a Stanford graduate and earned her B.A in Human Biology and Psychology.
- She also has a graduate degree from Columbia’s Mailman School of Public Health, which was also the school of Hillary Clinton’s daughter Chelsea Clinton.
- In February 2019, Kibry got engaged to her boyfriend Virgil Miller, who is a political strategist by profession.
Trivia & Interesting Facts :
- Kirby moved from New York and bought a two-bedroom luxury condo with a value of $975,000 in Washington D.C from the former president of the Washington Nationals, Stan Kasten. Reports suggest that she moved to work on her career.
- She was a part of the “10th Annual 50 Most Beautiful People” list of Capitol Hill workers (including White House staff) by the Hill newspaper. She was ranked number 2 on this list of most beautiful males & females in Washington D.C.
- Kirby claims that she is a proud foodie like her mother & is also a self-taught cook who loves preparing meals for her close friends and family.
- She loves hiking and working out to maintain her health.
- Kirby traveled to Italy with her mother Gayle & Oprah and had an adventurous trip.
Career : Profession & Net Worth
- As of 2019, Kirby is the head of social impact and inclusion at Sweetgreen, a salads based food chain.
- In 2017, Kirby worked for Robinhood, the largest organization in the private sector, to fight poverty in New York City. She has been part of the organization since 2010.
- Kirby also has a background in community health and non-profit work.
- She has been part of Department of Health and Human Services where she focussed on prevention policy.
- She was also a part of Michelle Obama’s anti childhood obesity project Let’s Move & held the title of Associate Deputy Director for Policy.
Details of her Famous Parent :
- Kirby’s mother Gayle who was born in Chevy Chase, Maryland is a famous American television personality and magazine editor.
- Gayle is a close friend of Oprah and has worked as a special correspondent for The Oprah Winfrey Show and Good Morning America.
- Even though she was offered a syndicated talk show called The Gayle King Show, it was canceled right after its first season due to low ratings.
- When she turned 60, Oprah threw a birthday bash at Pier 59 studios and made everyone wear yellow as it was Gayle’s favorite color.