Levi Sanders is a consultant who has worked in the fields of insurance & politics. He is the only biological child of Senator Bernie Sanders.
Personal Life, Parents & Family Background :
- Levi was born on 21st March 1969 in Johnsbury Vermont.
- At the time, his father Bernie Sanders was dating his mother Susan Mott.
- His parents split up when he was 5, and in 1988 – his father went on to marry Jane O’Meara Driscoll.
- Driscoll had three children to the family from a previous marriage: Heather Titus, Carina Driscoll and Dave Driscoll
- Bernie Sanders was unable to have any more biological children after Levi, and as such he considers Driscoll’s children to be his own. Levi has also stated he refers to them as siblings rather than step-siblings.
- Levi was raised in Vermont and spent equal time with his mother and father.
- Throughout high school, Levi was known as an accomplished debater and he was President of his class.
- He went on to attend the University of Oregon in 1988.
- He graduated from the university with a Bachelor’s degree, and a major in history. He initially had dreams of being a teacher before he moved towards a consulting role.
Controversy Surrounding His Birth :
- His parents never married, and as such he was born out of wedlock.
- During his father’s campaigns for various senate roles, many right-wing conservatives had raised his birth as a controversial issue.
- Bernie has said that they made a bigger deal out of it then what it was, and that as it is considered normal in the modern world they should treat it as such.
- Levi was mistakenly identified in his father’s 2006 Senate campaign as coming from his father’s first wife, whom he divorced a year prior to beginning a relationship with Susan Mott.
- It was initially reported that Bernie’s conservative advisors published this information, in an effort to make him appeal to a more right-wing audience. However, it was later discovered that it was a simple journalistic error.
- Levi has said he is in no way disadvantaged by having been born out of wedlock, and for it to be an issue in the modern world is quite funny to him.
Job & Occupation : Levi Bernie Sanders Net Worth, Salary
- As of 2017, Levi is working as a social security disability insurance analyst at the Boston based Cambridge & Somerville legal services firm.
- He has previously worked as a consultant on his father’s senate campaign. During his time in this position, he drafted important papers for social security, health care and housing.
He worked on the following successful campaigns for his father :
- United States Senator from Vermont (2007)
- Chair of the Senate Veterans Affairs Committee (2013)
- In his consulting work for political campaigns, he has also worked alongside former President Barack Obama.