Wiki Information / Bio Profile
- Dan Cadan is an English writer, director and film actor who recently married Lena Headey, who played the role of Cersei Lannister in the hit series Game of Thrones.
- Cadan has directed The Devil’s Wedding (2009) and Walk Like A Panther (2018). He is known for his unique style of blending a documentary style of filming with more art-house aesthetics, as well as experimenting with script forms, such as writing his debut short film completely in rhyme.
Personal Life & Family Background :
- Dan Cadan was born on January 2, 1975. He was born in Huddersfield, Yorkshire, England where he grew up, living in his hometown until graduating from high school, after which he moved to London.
- He married Game of Thrones star Lena Headey in 2018, with whom he has a daughter Teddy Cadan, born in 2015. Besides their personal relationship, Headey and Cadan have worked together professionally, as well as being childhood friends, according to some sources.
- They live together in England along with Headey’s son Wylie Elliot Loughran, from her first marriage.
Early Life & Career :
- Cadan spent his youth watching horror films such as Jaws, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and An American Werewolf, which had profound affect on him and made him pursue a career in film.
- However, his career did not take off right away, with him working at his local laser tag venue Laser Quest, before moving to London to find better work.
Profession, Salary & Net Worth :
- Cadan began his career in film as a director’s assistant to Guy Richie. He worked next to the director in Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels (1998) and Snatch, which was released in 2000. Cadan was introduced to the film industry by actor Jason Flemyng and worked next to Guy Ritchie for around ten years.
- In 2002, Cadan played “Dazzar” in Morvern Caller, written and directed by Lynne Ramsey.
- In 2004 and 2005, Cadan worked on a number of projects in which Madonna was involved, including the documentary I’m Going To Tell You A Secret. 2004 also saw his debut as a screenwriter, writing for the television film Dancestar USA, directed by Tony Gregory.
- Cadan’s move to making his own films happened in 2009, when he completed his short film The Devil’s Wedding. The film stared his future wife and was a success, showing at a number of film festivals and winning Best International Short Film at the 2010 Cleveland International Film Festival, amongst other awards.
- Cadan’s latest completed project has been the feature length film Walk Like A Panther, which he wrote and directed, and was released in 2018.
- Since the release of Walk Like A Panther, Cadan signed with The Graft, a London-based production company, with whom he is working on his next project, focusing on the story of three Canadian serial killers.
Trivia, Height & Fun Facts :
- Despite being warned by Headey not to, Cadan proposed to her in 2017. Despite her reservations about marrying for a second time, the couple appears to be enjoying married life.
- Quentin Tarantino’s True Romance (1993) and Martin Brest’s Midnight Run (1988) are two of his most favorite films. Cadan is also a fan of filmmaker Wes Anderson.