Wiki Bio / Profile Background
- Siohvaughn Funches is an American public speaker, counselor and author.
- Previously better recognized as NBA star Dwyane Wade’s wife, she became well-known in her own right during their bitter, public divorce.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Siohvaughn Funches was born on September 6, 1981, in Chicago.
- She faced adversity early in life; her parents, Darlene and Frank, separated when she was only 3-years-old, and her sister, Garrica LeAnna Woods, died when she was a teenager.
- In 2002, she married NBA star Dwyane Wade shortly after giving birth to their first son, Zaire Wade.
- Five years later, she had their second son, Zion Wade, in what Funches claims was partially an attempt to save their failing marriage. It did not work, however, and in the same year, they began divorce proceedings.
- The bitter divorce played out publicly and consisted of several failed lawsuits and smear campaigns on both sides. The divorce was finalized in 2010, and Dwyane was given sole custody of their children in 2011.
- Dwayne went on to marry American actress and author Gabrielle Union in 2014.
Early Life and Education :
- After meeting for the first time in the fifth grade, Siohvaughn began dating Dwyane when she was 15-years-old.
- After high school, they moved into a two-bedroom apartment in Marquette, Wisconsin, where Dwyane was attending college. It was during their sophomore year that they had Zaire and got married.
- In 2009, Siohvaughn graduated from the University of Phoenix with a 3.7 GPA and a degree in Psychology. She went on to earn professional certification in counseling from Capella University.
- She continued her education at John Marshall Law School in Atlanta, but it is unclear whether she graduated and when she attended. In two separate LinkedIn profiles, she lists her time at the school as 2011-2014 and 2015-2017.
- While the later dates are on her more recent profile, there is proof that she was at the school in 2012; she was part of a team that won 1st place at moot court, and she was personally named Best Oralist.
Books, Career and Net Worth :
- In 2006, Siohvaughn founded A Woman’s Worth Foundation – a Christian nonprofit aimed at empowering women. The organization offers Bible studies, public speaking engagements, counseling services, and resources for women fleeing abusive relationships.
- Despite a non-disparagement clause in their divorce agreement, Siohvaughn wrote The True Story for God’s Glory: The Life of Siohvaughn L. Funches-Wade in 2016, which details her marriage and its breakdown.
- Without using Dwyane’s name, she alleged that he was abusive and a serial cheater. Later on, she released a second book titled You Gotta Let God Finish! and is in the midst of writing a third.
Fun Facts, Height and Trivia :
- With no money before Dwyane made it big, Siohvaughn once stole a pair of sneakers for him.
- In 2013, Siohvaughn sat outside a courtroom with a sign that read: “NBA Miami Heat Star Mother of his Children on the Streets.” Her actions sparked outrage from many as she had just been awarded $5 million, a mansion, and four cars in a settlement with her ex.
- Now living in Georgia, Funches is a certified mediator and guardian ad litem for the state.
Draya Michele Age, Net Worth, Wiki, Baby, Husband, Son, Bio, Body, Booty
Malaysia Pargo Net Worth, Age, Bio, Wiki, Height, Brother, Husband, Kids
DJ Duffey Fiance, Husband, Net Worth, Age, Wiki, Bio, Son【 Booty 】
Brandi Maxiell Net Worth, Age, Height, Bio【 Basketball Wives LA 】Wiki
Royce Reed Net Worth, Age 2023, Wiki || Boyfriend, Husband, Son, Bio
Chantel Christie Baby Father, Net Worth, Age, Bio, Book, Daughter ( Wiki )
Brooke Bailey Age, Wikipedia, Married【 Basketball Wives LA 】Net worth
Redeemed I’d say.