Biography Profile / Wikipedia Information
- Rebecca O’Donovan is an Australian journalist & a former participant in the Miss Universe beauty contest. She is also the wife of Aussie Cricketer Shaun Marsh.
- Beautiful and an entrepreneur in her own right, Rebecca has worked very hard to prove herself as both a journalist and an individual.
Family Background & Personal Life :
- Rebecca was born & raised in Australia with her brother Ross, who is a TV host and professional animator.
- She married Australian cricket player, Shaun Marsh on April 2, 2015. The couple are parents to a little boy. The family regularly travels to cricket matches when Shaun is playing.
- Shaun had proposed to Rebecca in November 2013 after taking her out for a very romantic dinner.
- She was so excited that she immediately shared the good news on social media with her friends, family and followers and included pictures of the happy couple & the beautiful engagement ring. They waited about a year and a half before finally tying the knot.
- Her father in law, Geoff Marsh and brother in law, Mitchell is also famous Australian cricket players. Even her sister in law, Melissa used to play professional basketball. She often talks about how amazing it is that she married into such an athletically gifted & sports-oriented family.
TV Reporting Career & Salary :
- Rebecca spent some of her younger years taking part in various beauty pageants & was even a contestant in the Miss Universe pageant.
- Having studied journalism in college, Rebecca decided to pursue a career as a TV anchor and journalist and has made quite a name for herself working for the Channel 7 team in Australia.
- It was reported that she actually chose to slow things down with Shaun in favour of pursuing her career but eventually they grew closer and decided to get married and start a family.
Trivia, Height & Interesting Facts :
- As part of the famous wives and girlfriends of sports stars (WAGS), Rebecca is often spotted attending cricket and social events along with her husband and is regularly photographed on red carpets and in VIP areas.
- She was once even singled out for wearing a very similar dress to that of another WAG, Candice Falzon at the Allan Border Medal Awards. It was dubbed a “fashion faux pas” in the world of WAG fashion and many publications enjoyed covering the story in lengthy detail for quite some time.
- When she is not working, she loves to shop, spend time with her family and work out.
Awards & Accolades :
- For her outstanding journalism, Rebecca was a finalist in the WA Media Awards in 2012 and was shortlisted in the category for Best New Journalist. The stories that she covered “Carers Pain,” “Missing Pemberton Girl” & the “Pride of Australia” were what she got the nomination for.
- She went up against the likes of Emma Young who was nominated for her stories that included, “Arash’s formula for success.”