Coming from a lower-middle-class family, success didn’t come easy to Orly Shani. Yet she is here, having made her name from scratch, and is now a popular fashionista and YouTuber with her own clothing line.
Personal Life : Parents, Family and Education
- Orly Shani’s birthday falls on 15th August 1984.
- She was born into a lower middle-class family, where she first learned to design clothes by observing her mother Desiree Shani.
- She has two siblings. They are sister Avin Rosen, and brother Ben Shani. Ben is a professional photographer.
- At the start of the 2010s decade, Orly married Michael Murphy. Together, they have a son and younger daughter. They are Connor Murphy (born in 2013) & Blake Murphy (born in 2015).
Career in TV, Profession and Net Worth :
- Her first foray into television was on Entertainment News (E! News). She continues to appear on and off for E! News’ various shows. These include The Fabulist in 2014, and Who Wore It Better in 2015
- In 2005, she appeared in a short video called Fontana.
- Then, in 2006, she did the role of Tessa in The Standard.
- In 2007, she made a one-off appearance in an episode of That’s My Daughter, playing Patrick’s girlfriend.
- She also acted in the movie The Grand, a comedy/parody film starring famous actor Woody Harrelson.
- In 2012, Shani competed as a designer in the reality show Fashion Star.
- She has made numerous guest appearances on shows such as Fashion Police, Today and E! News special Closet Envy.
- Her biggest stint has been in 264 episodes of the series Home and Family, as herself.
- Orly gives expert lifestyle, health and fitness advice.
Career as a Designer & Blogger :
- As a designer, her first venture was the establishment of Orly Couture. Within a year, her clothing line became a leading brand in Los Angeles’ top boutiques.
- Later, she became the owner and designer of Tuc + Wes. Its official website is tucandwes(dot)com, and she has created a YouTube channel of the same name.
- On her YouTube channel, Shani shows DIY hacks for clothes, nail paint and more. Sometimes she has guests on the channel. One guest was the hilarious star of Second Wives Club, Katie Cazorla.
- In August 2017, she started a blog to share her thoughts and experiences. Her first post was called Mom Guilt….Yes or No?.
Interesting Facts, Height and Trivia :
- Shani met her husband in a New York bar, where she happened to be waitressing.
- She is quite tall.
- She says her clothing line is a reflection of her personality – cool, calm, and dynamic.