Anjala Zaveri is a retired British Indian actress, renowned for acting in Bollywood films, Tollywood films, and many other Indian films of different lingo.
Early Life, Family & Education :
- Anjala is from Portsmouth, England and was born on April 20, 1972.
- Anjala has an elder sister and a younger brother, whose name is Hitun Zaveri. Her elder sister is not well known.
- There is also little available information on her parents, except that her family was conservative and Gujarati.
- She revealed that she was a rather mischievous kid in her younger years, and often got away with trouble.
- Zaveri regularly visited India with her family as a child.
- She watched many Hindi movies growing up, and always fantasized about becoming an actress herself one day.
First Audition of her Career :
- Anjala was first discovered by Vinod Khanna, who cast her in her debut movie, “Himalay Putra.”
- Alongside her was Vinod’s son, Akshaye Khanna who himself was also making a debut through the movie.
- She had auditioned for the movie among about 2000 applicants & was shortlisted on the first day of the audition.
- Zaveri thought that the group audition didn’t go well, as she did not answer any questions that were being asked to the group. Vinod unexpectedly approached her and asked for more photographs of her.
Early Days & Problems :
- Anjala completed her A-Levels and was about to pursue her studies in medicine when Vinod discovered her. She was also working as an optical advisor at the time.
- Anjala always thought she could go back pursuing medicine if acting wasn’t what she wanted. Surprisingly, she never went back to studying.
- She disclosed that her father was very disapproving of the decision to not continue studies in the beginning. Her mother was a little more supportive, albeit also being slightly apprehensive of the unexpected change in course of life.
Acting Career & Movies List :
- Anjala has worked with many big names in Indian films & theatre, such as Chiranjeevi, Nagarjuna and Salman Khan.
- Her biggest movie was “Pyaar Kiya To Darna Kya,” a blockbuster romantic comedy that also starred superstars Salman Khan and Kajol.
- She took a crash course on the acting of about one and a half months prior to filming her first movie.
- For Anjala, the South Indian films have done better for her financially and publicly than other Indian films.
- Shooting in South Indian films require her to speak in Hindi or Telugu, which is a handicap for her as her mother tongue was Gujarati.
Personal Life :
- Anjala is a huge fan of Amitabh Bachchan and enjoys all of his films.
- She is now married to model/actor Tarun Arora. The couple is currently based in Mumbai.
- Her mantra is Go towards the sun and the shadow will follow you.
- Anjala Zaveri Death Date : There are some queries that Anjala had died because of her reduced appearance in media, but she is still very much alive.