Wiki Bio / Profile Background
- Julie Alvin is an American digital editor and strategist.
- She is also an Adjunct Professor at New York University, and frequently appears on TV news as a commentator.
Personal Life : Parents, Family and Education
- Julie Ann Alvin was born on September 15, 1983, in Grosse Pointe, Michigan, to parents Mary Alvin (née Philip, mother) and William Richard Alvin (father).
- She has one sister, Kathleen, and one brother, Michael.
- Julie grew up in Grosse Pointe, Michigan, where she attended Grosse Pointe South High School.
- She then moved to Boston in order to pursue a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communications, Social Justice, and Studio Art from Boston College, a private Jesuit research university.
- Julie married William Tuthill, Jr., in July 2015, in Leelanau County, Michigan.
- Currently, she resides in New York City.
Career, Income, Salary and Net Worth :
- Julie started working for Condé Nast Inc. in August 2005, initially as an assistant to the publisher and fashion assistant for the men’s magazine Details, and then as an editorial assistant for the lifestyle magazine Cookie until October 2009.
- From January 2011 to February 2012, she was an online editor for Crain Communications.
- In February 2012, Julie was hired as a senior editor at Google, where she recruited and supervised writing teams, that were part of writing and editing content for Zagat and Google Maps, in both print and online formats. She was also in charge of keeping an eye on numerous editorial projects, from their inception to their publication.
- In September 2013, she was recruited by Bustle, an online publication aimed at women. She was initially a senior lifestyle editor, then a deputy editor, and finally an executive editor and director of brand initiatives.
- Julie remained at Bustle until October 2017, after which she was hired by Time Inc. as the senior digital director of lifestyle. This role allowed her to lead digital content for several of Time Inc.’s outlets, such as InStyle, Hello Giggles, and Real Simple, as well as Travel + Leisure, Coastal Living, and Southern Living.
- Since October 2018, Julie has been an Adjunct Professor at New York University, specifically in the Master’s in Publishing course.
- In October 2018, Alvin started off as the Senior Vice-President of the editorial content and strategy development department of Refinery29, Inc., a role in which she currently remains.
Interesting Facts, Height and Trivia :
- Julie is one of the founding members of the progressive group Women to the Front.
- She is a liberal feminist and has appeared many times on Fox News, where she provides a non-conservative perspective.
- Julie loves traveling across the world. On one of her trips, she discovered the Japanese ‘Nikka Coffey Whiskey,’ of which she is now a big fan.
- She is inspired by women pioneers like Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Hillary Rodham Clinton.
- Alvin loves reading when she has time. Some of her favorite authors are Roxane Gay, Emma Gray, and Carrie Brownstein.
- She cites The California Sunday Magazine as a trendsetter for magazines.
- Julie is a fan of Muji notebooks, which she uses to organize much of her workload.
Marie Harf Fox News, Bio, Wiki, Age, Wedding, Husband, Salary
Ashley Strohmier Age【 Wiki Bio 】Salary, Married, Parents, Wikipedia
Rochelle Ritchie【 Wikipedia Bio 】Age, Parents, Husband, Net worth
Jacqui Heinrich【 Wikipedia Bio Age 】Salary, Parents, Married Husband
Wendy Walsh Wiki, Age, Bio【 Fox News Bill O’Reilly Scandal 】Husband
Mercedes Schlapp Age, Bio, Husband, Wiki, Fox News, Education