Biography Profile / Wikipedia Background
- Katia Beauchamp is a Mexican American entrepreneur and businesswoman.
- She is also the co-founder and CEO of Birchbox, a popular monthly beauty subscription service.
Personal Life & Family :
- Katia Beauchamp was born Katia Ververis on November 18, 1982, in El Paso, Texas, to parents of mixed heritage – a Mexican mother and a Greek father.
- She has an older brother.
- When Katia was four years old, her parents divorced. Her father moved to Germany, and Katia was raised primarily by her mother. She spent her summers in Germany and Greece and started traveling from an early age.
- She met the man who would become her husband, Greg Beauchamp, on the playground when she was ten years old. The two got married on July 3, 2010, on the island of Crete in Greece.
- Greg and Katia have four children – Twin boys Guy and Alec (born in 2014), son Niko (born in 2017), and daughter West Winter (born in 2018).
- Currently, Katia resides in New York City with her family.
- Katia studied at Vassar College from 2001 to 2005, graduating with a Bachelor of Arts degree in International Studies and Economics.
- She then attended Harvard Business School from 2008 to 2010.
Work, Career, Salary & Net Worth :
- Katia worked in the private banking sector – i.e. for M&T Bank from 2005 to 2007.
- She was then an analyst for Eurohypo AG from 2007 to 2008.
- In 2010, she was a summer associate for NBC Universal.
- In February 2010, she co-founded Birchbox with her friend and business associate Hayley Barna. Katia continues to be the CEO of Birchbox.
Interesting Facts, Height & Trivia :
- While pregnant with her daughter West, Katia found out that she had a high-risk pregnancy. She was confined to bed rest in the hospital for months just as Birchbox was entering a new deal with Walgreens. Katia continued to work from the hospital until her baby was born. The baby spent three weeks in NICU. Katia only took ten days off for maternity leave once her daughter was released from hospital.
- During her college years, Katia was an intern at Estée Lauder. Through this internship, she became passionate about the world of beauty.
- Her childhood dream was to become the President of the United States!
- She is a big fan of podcasts which she can listen to on the go during her very busy days.
- Katia loves Oreos, but usually goes for savory food. She is very fond of Mexican food, which is unsurprising, considering her heritage. She also states that her favorite food is ‘food wrapped in food’ such as arepas, tacos, and dumplings.
- She is very close to her family. Her yearly Christmas gift for her brother is a subscription to Birchbox Man!
- Katia met her friend and Birchbox co-founder Hayley Barna while they were both attending Harvard Business School together. Hayley stepped down as CEO of Birchbox in 2015, but remains a board member.
- A skilled multi-tasker, Katia is in love with her business career and watching Birchbox grow.