Wikipedia Information / Biography Profile
Marissa Hermer is one of the stars of TV Show Ladies of London on Bravo. She is also a restaurant owner & cookbook author.
Personal Life : Family & Education
- Marissa was born in the USA in Laguna Beach, California, on December 30, 1981. She was raised up just a short distance away from her birthplace, in Newport Beach, California.
- Education : She successfully completed a Bachelor’s degree at Middlebury College in Vermont, and then moved to London in an effort to launch her career in public relations.
- Family : Marissa had initially met her future husband, nightclub owner Matt Hermer when she first moved to London. The couple decided not to pursue a long-distance relationship at the time.
- She later married him in 2008 after moving back to London. The couple now have three children – sons Max Hermer and Jake Hermer, and daughter Sadie Hermer.
Job, Salary & Net Worth :
- After launching her career in London, Marissa made the move back to the States and to New York City to work for the fashion luxury powerhouse Nadine Johnson & Associates, Inc, and later the Syndicate Media Group.
- She credits Nadine Johnson as being an inspiration to her career and instilling a great work ethic in her.
- She reconnected with her Welsh former flame/soon to be husband Matt Hermer and this prompted her return to the UK in 2008.
- Once back in London,Marissa put her PR skills to use working in Matts family business Ignite Group.
- Ignite Group is a UK based international food, beverage, and an entertainment corporation. Using her previous experience, she successfully raised the profile of the business, which in turn assisted Matt with the profile of his nightclubs.
- Leading on from that success she then launched her own restaurant called Top Dog in 2015.
- In 2016, she announced the release of her very own cookbook An American Girl in London : 120 nourishing recipes for your family from a Californian expat.
- Since 2014, Hermer has appeared as a main cast member on the Bravo series Ladies of London.
Troubled Pregnancy :
- During her pregnancy with her third child, daughter Sadie, it was discovered she was developing a rare condition called placenta accrete.
- At the risk of this issue potentially becoming life-threatening for both herself and her daughter, she delivered the baby at 34 weeks pregnant via cesarean with her husband by her side.
- Due to complications, shortly after the birth Marissa was forced to undergo a hysterectomy. This prevents her from having any more children.
- She initially fell into a depression over this as she had always planned to have four children. Even though her husband only wanted 3, she had made it known she was planning to slip a 4th child past him.
- She credits husband Matt as helping her get through the experience and states she has now learned to be grateful and just embrace the blessed three children she has rather than dwell on something she cannot change.