Introduction : Who is Sophie Stanbury ?
Sophie Stanbury is an interior designer, best known for her appearance on the show Ladies of London and being the ex-sister-in-law of fellow castmate Caroline Stanbury.
Personal Life : Family & Education
- Born on 28th December 1975, Sophie was born in Denmark and lived there until the age of 5, until her parents decided to move her to England.
- Spoiled by her parents growing up, she was encouraged to follow her dreams no matter what they were.
- Education : She completed a bachelor degree in editorial design at Brighton University, and later went to study and train at Inchbald School of Design.
- Inchbald is quite prestigious as it was the first interior design school to be opened in all Europe, so it was considered quite extraordinary that she was accepted there.
- Sophie operates a Twitter account under the handle @sjstenbury and has amassed 8,000+ followers. She has a passion for photography.
Sophie Stanbury Husband, Marriage & Children :
- Sophie married Alex Stanbury, a close friend of Prince Harry and Cressida Bona. It was her friend and Alex’s sister, Caroline Stanbury who introduced the two.
- They went on to have two children together, sons Harry and Finn.
- The couple later divorced, it was reported that nothing dramatic happened – they just simply grew apart. They continued to remain friends for the sake of their children.
- She is based in London and lives in Putney.
TV Career & Ladies of London Appearance :
- She joined the cast of Bravos reality TV show Ladies of London in season 3, after first appearing as a ‘friend’ role alongside her then sister-in-law Caroline Stanbury in season 2.
- Throughout the show, she has been continuously praised for having a luscious enviable head of hair.
- It’s been reported that any new seasons of Ladies of London have the potential to be quite controversial, as fellow cast member Caroline Stanbury has openly stated that she does not agree with Sophie’s divorce decision.
Net Worth, Design & Professional Career :
- She freelanced for photography from a young age, and it was through this that she landed the role of Stills Photographer for the movie ‘Dancer in the Dark’ which was created about Icelandic star Bjork.
- During the time she was studying at Inchbald, she began working at the famous Annabels, an exclusive private club that has hosted everyone from Princess Diana to Kate Moss and has been operating since 1963.
- She worked with the events team there, and it was this role that propelled her into the London social scene.
- She worked at Annabel’s for quite some years but left when she married Alex Stanbury.
- In the midst of a failing marriage in 2010, she made the decision to put her previous study and degrees to use, opening Sophie Stanbury Interiors.
- Her design has been praised for being high quality and clean.