Sarah Andersen is a comic artist and illustrator, famous for her drawings under the name “Sarah’s Scribbles.” She rarely makes public appearances.
Sarah Andersen Biography and Family Details :
- Sarah’s full name is Sarah Catherine Andersen.
- She was born in 1993 in Brooklyn, New York.
- She grew up between Brooklyn & Queens, between her mother and her grandmother’s houses.
- From a young age, she had an interest in drawing. She used to walk around the city with her grandmother and a notebook, and attempt to sketch the crazy graffiti she saw.
- Education : She attended the Maryland Institute College of Art (MICA) on a scholarship & graduated from there with honors in 2014.
Sarah Andersen Real Life & Personal Details :
- Sarah plays the piano, and at one stage considered pursuing that as a career. However, after attending auditions, she realized she was meant to work with art.
- Having been on the track team in high school, she still runs most mornings to clear her head before work.
- Andersen has stated her worst habit is sleeping late, but she is able to indulge it as she is self-employed through her work with comics.
Social Media Presence and Interesting Facts :
- On Instagram, she has over 4 million followers under the handle of @sarahandersencomics.
- She also appears on Twitter (now called X) under @sarahcandersen with 900,000+ followers.
- In 2016, when asked about the one thing she would take to a deserted island – she stated it would be a margarita machine. Because of that interview, she was then sent margarita mixes by her fans.
Sarah Andersen Cartoons & Comics Fame :
- Sarah came to prominence with the comics that she creates under the handle of Sarah’s Scribbles.
- Sarah’s Scribbles was created in 2013 as a webcomic originally titled Doodle Time.
- It was published through Tumblr, and in 2014 she progressed to sharing her comics through Facebook, Instagram and Line Webtoon.
- On March 7th, 2016, she published her first book of comics through Andrews McMeel Publishing. It was titled ‘A Sarah’s Scribbles Collection: Adulthood is a Myth’
- The book won the Good Reads Choice Award in 2016 for the Best Graphic Novels & Comics category.
- She released a follow-up ‘A Sarah’s Scribbles Collection: Big Mushy Happy’ on the 1st anniversary of her previous book.
- Sarah’s comics are said to be autobiographical…some are based on her life and some on the life of her friends and her pets.
- Her future plan for Sarah’s Scribbles comics is to produce it into a web series.
Sarah Andersen Scribbles & Famous Work :
Her most popular comics include :
- Bed of Lies
- My Self Esteem
- Happy Munch
- Waking Up
- I Like You