|Personal Details Summary|
|What types of awards did Garrett Haake got?||He won two Emmys for his environmental and documentary reporting.|
|Age / How old / Birthday / Date of Birth / DOB||June 1, 1985. As of 2022, he is around 37 years old.|
|Wedding & Marriage / Wife / Spouse / Partner / Dating||Married. See below for relationship details.|
|Children / No. of Kids||No confirmed information available.|
|Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race||White|
Garrett Haake is an American journalist and Washington correspondent for MSNBC.
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- Haake attended Klein High School before going on to Southern Methodist University: Meadows School of the Arts, where he graduated with a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) In Journalism.
- He was a President’s Scholar while in SMU and active in extra-curricular activities, such as being the Sports Editor for The Daily Update and Daily Campus. He was a member of the Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity.
- While still in college, Hakke interned with NBC Nightly News in 2006. He was hired full-time by the network once he graduated & became an associate producer at NBC Nightly News in New York from 2009-2011.
Job Timeline, Salary & Net worth :
- In 2011, Haake was chosen to be one of eight embedded reporters for NBC News covering the 2012 Presidential elections. He covered Mitt Romney’s Presidential campaign.
- This proved to be a memorable assignment for Garrett because he met his future wife while covering Romney’s campaign.
- Later, he went on to be KSHB-TV’s General Assignment Reporter, fill-in anchor guest analyst for PBS’s Kansas City Week in Review. before moving on to WUSA-TV in Washington D.C.
- After two years at WUSA-TV, Hakke moved to MSNBC as a correspondent, reporting from Capital Hill or where his assignment takes him.
- Haake won two Emmy Awards for her environmental and documentary reporting.
Sary Murry and Garrett Haake Relationship :
- Garrett got married to Sara Murray on April 22, 2017. The couple had met in Iowa in 2011 when they both covered Mitt Romney’s presidential campaign.
- They bonded over the long working hours and fast food during the year-long campaign.
- The couple continued being an item even after Romney’s campaign was over. In 2015, while spending Thanksgiving with Sara at her home in Michigan, Garrett proposed.
Garrett’s and Sarah’s Wedding :
- Their wedding was held in Austin, Texas. Held at Wild Onion Ranch, the reception was a mixture of rustic and elegance.
- Guests were able to snap photographs with animals such as rabbits and baby goats while a herd of longhorn cattle roamed the grounds.
- The guests were treated to a proper Texas menu with a queso bar, barbecue, tacos, and a dessert bar with pies and s’mores.
- A large bunch of silver foil balloons spelling out ‘Let’s Get Weird’ encouraged the guests to let loose, and dancing was a highlight of the evening, kicked off by Haake’s favorite song ‘Shout.’
- The newlyweds left for their honeymoon in Australia. However, their plans were almost scuppered because they forgot to apply for a visa.
- A few tense hours followed before they got their visas, and the couple spent a wonderful honeymoon exploring The Great Barrier Reef and taking photographs with a koala.
Interesting Facts, Height & Trivia :
- Haake is an SMU Mustangs supporter.
- He also has a soft spot for rescue dogs. His dog, Shiner, was rescued from Kansas City Pet Project, an organization that has a no-kill policy.
- His Twitter bio also said he is taller than he looks on TV.
- Garrett ranked #148566 among the Most Man-Crushed-Upon Celebrity Men on the ManCrushes website.
- Garretts’s wife, Sara, is also a political journalist, reporting for CNN. She came to the limelight when former President Donald Trump singled her out for writing critical and less than flattering coverage about him. President Trump accused her of being a ‘total novice reporter’ and turned the crowd against her. Sara reported her car had been vandalized and keyed by Trump supporters in response to her doing her job.