Wiki Bio / Profile Background
Leigh Ann Caldwell is an experienced political reporter currently covering the happenings at Capitol Hill for NBC News. Before this, Leigh Ann has worked for CNN, CBS & numerous other media networks.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Leigh Ann Caldwell was born on August 15, 1978, in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- She currently lives in Washington, D.C.
- Leigh Ann is married to Gregory B. Jaczko, a physicist who served as chairman of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) from 2009 – 2012, during the Obama administration.
- Born in 1970, Jaczko is originally from Pennsylvania & grew up around Albany, New York.
- The couple who married in May 2007, now has two children – A boy and a girl. Her kids are 8 and 10 years old (ages as of 2023).
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- Leigh Ann majored in Communications and Political Science at North Carolina State University, a public research university based in Raleigh, NC. She graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in 2000.
- An accomplished athlete, Caldwell received a four-year scholarship for distance swimming at NC State.
Career, Job, Salary and Net Worth :
- Leigh Ann worked as a television producer during her time in college.
- Soon after graduating, she moved to New York City to pursue a career in journalism. She initially worked in the hospitality industry waiting tables, and then started doing freelance radio work.
- In 2004, she launched Radio Rootz, which she also directed until 2012. Radio Rootz was an education initiative that taught media and broadcasting to youth in schools found in underprivileged areas.
- In 2006, Leigh Ann became a news editor for Pacifica Radio, a liberal progressive station, where she stayed until 2011. While there, she hosted Election Unspun, covering the first year of Barack Obama’s presidency. She then relocated to Washington, D.C., and started focusing on covering the US Congress.
- In 2011, Caldwell became a multimedia producer for C-SPAN, and then went on to work as a political writer for CBS in 2012.
- This was followed by a stint as both political writer and producer for CNN in 2013 before moving to cover Capitol Hill for NBC News in October 2014.
- She has also worked as a reporter for Radio France International for some time.
Interesting Facts and Trivia :
- Initially, Leigh Ann thought she’d be a sports journalist due to her great passion for swimming. She only started considering a switch to politics towards the end of college.
- The Independent Press Association awarded her with a prize for investigative journalism for her work covering the rebuilding of New York City in the aftermath of the 9/11 attacks.
- While reporting for radio, Leigh Ann also covered the constant struggle for survival in the devastating aftermath of Hurricane Katrina in 2005.
- She was the first journalist to interview ex-presidential candidate John Edwards following his cheating scandal.
- Her excellence in investigating allowed her to be one of the first journalists to break the news on the scandalous conduct of US secret service agents in Colombia in 2012.
- In January 2019, Caldwell’s husband Gregory released a memoir about his time in the commission Nuclear Regulatory Commission titled “Confessions of a Rogue Nuclear Regulator.”
- Food items she hates : Carrots, Celery, Licorice, Doughnuts, Beef and any cherry-flavored food items.
- Cooking at home with family and friends is Caldwell’s favorite hobby.
- When Justice Anthony Kennedy retired from the Supreme Court in 2018, Leigh Ann tweeted a rumor that President Trump had been in negotiations with him over the naming of his successor, which ended up being Brett Kavanaugh.
- This ended up being an unfounded rumor, and Leigh Ann deleted the tweet but not before receiving backlash for the action.
Health Update :
- Leigh Ann Caldwell Illness / Sick : She has no major illness or sickness to date and seems to be in good health.
Body Figure / Physical Info
Leigh Ann Caldwell Measurements :
- Eye Color : Blue
- Leigh Ann Caldwell Haircut / Hair Color : She has blonde short hair.
- How tall / Height : No confirmed information available.
- Legs / Feet / Shoe Size : No confirmed information available.
- Pregnant? : Currently, she is not expecting a baby.
- Leigh Ann Caldwell Illness / Sick / Health Update : There have been a few rumors about her having brain cancer she wearing wigs after her treatment. However, we could not find any verified information regarding this, either on Caldwell’s social media or in any major news publication.
Personal / Home Details
- Leigh Ann Caldwell Married? : Yes
- Children / No of Kids : 2
- Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : White
- Nationality : American
Beth Fouhy Wikipedia, Age, Bio, Height, Birthday, Photos【 MSNBC 】
Julia Ainsley【 Wikipedia Bio 】Age, Birthday, Wedding, Husband, Home
Laura Bassett Age, Husband Married【 MSNBC Journalist 】Wiki Bio
Asawin Suebsaeng Age, Wikipedia Bio, Wife, Ethnicity Origin, Wedding
Phillip Mena Spouse Wife, Age, Net Worth, Wiki Bio, Family, MSNBC
Dorian Warren Wikipedia, Partner, Spouse, Age, Bio, Married (MSNBC)
Garrett Haake Wikipedia, Bio【 MSNBC 】Age, Height, Parents, NBC
Alex Seitz Wald Wiki, Bio, Married, Wife, Age, Biography【 MSNBC 】
Yes, I think Leigh Ann Caldwell is great. I always wonder why she wears a wig. Sorry about her cancer. I hope is doing okay now. She is a very good reporter. I really like her and listening to her.
Speaking of proper English language usage, Saying “good morning TO THE BOTH OF YOU”, is NOT proper English! There is a morning anchor who misuses this term all of the time.. She should know better, having graduated magna from a top rate univeristy…
Has Leigh Ann Caldwell ever been a model?
How about the anchors on all the news shows using “appreciate it” every time they interview someone. Hallie Jackson comes to mind and many others. They’ve used it so much that it now sounds hollow and insincere. Stephanie Ruhl wore a Christian cross during the 9/11 ceremony. Not journalism on her part…just pretense. I won’t be watching her program from now on.
What is Leigh Ann Caldwell’s maiden name and parents information?
Everyone has a social media address to accept comments or feedback. But there are millions of us who don’t have social media accounts who have input that could be of value at times.
Will someone PLEASE tell Leigh Ann Caldwell that it is the Democratic Party, not Democrat Party.
Republicans use “Democrat” as an adjective to describe the Democratic party, as well as Democratic House members and Democratic senators. They do it to disrespect the party (and have said so). Leigh Ann should know better!