Leigh Ann Caldwell Biography :: Wikipedia, Married, Age, Husband, NBC
Leigh Ann Caldwell Birthday / Age / Date of Birth / DOB
August 15, 1978. As of 2019, she is around 41 years old.
Marriage & Wedding / Husband / Engaged / Partner
Bio Profile / Wiki Information
- Leigh Ann Caldwell is an experienced political reporter currently covering the happenings at Capitol Hill for NBC News.
- Before this, Leigh Ann worked for CNN, CBS & numerous other media networks.
Personal Life & Family Background :
- Leigh Ann Caldwell was born on August 15th, 1978 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- She currently lives in Washington, D.C.
- Leigh Ann is married to Gregory B. Jaczko, a physicist who served as chairman of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission during the Obama administration.
- She has two children.
Qualifications & Education :
- Leigh Ann majored in Communications and Political Science at North Carolina State University in Raleigh. She graduated with a Bachelor of Science in 2000.
- An accomplished athlete, Caldwell received a four-year scholarship for distance swimming at North Carolina State University.
Job, Career, Salary & Net Worth :
- After graduating, Leigh Ann moved to New York City to pursue a career in journalism. She initially worked in the hospitality industry waiting tables, and then started doing freelance radio work.
- In 2004, she launched Radio Rootz, which she also directed until 2012. Radio Rootz was an education initiative that taught media and broadcasting to youth in schools found in underprivileged areas.
- In 2006, Leigh Ann became a news editor for Pacifica Radio, a liberal progressive station, where she stayed until 2011. While there, she hosted Election Unspun, covering the first year of Barack Obama’s presidency. She then relocated to Washington, D.C., and started focusing on covering the US Congress.
- In 2011, Caldwell became a multimedia producer for C-SPAN, and then went on to work as a political writer for CBS iN 2012.
- This was followed by a stint as both political writer and producer for CNN in 2013 before moving to cover Capitol Hill for NBC News in October 2014.
- She has also worked as a reporter for Radio France International for some time.
Facts, Height & Trivia :
- Initially, Leigh Ann thought she’d be a sports journalist due to her great passion for swimming. She only started considering a switch to politics towards the end of college.
- The Independent Press Association awarded her with a prize for investigative journalism for her work covering the rebuilding of New York City in the aftermath of the 9/11 attacks.
- While reporting for radio, Leigh Ann also covered the constant struggle for survival in the devastating aftermath of Hurricane Katrina in 2005.
- Leigh Ann worked as a television producer during college.
- She was the first journalist to interview ex-presidential candidate John Edwards following his cheating scandal.
- Her excellence in investigating allowed her to be one of the first journalists to break the news on the scandalous conduct of US secret service agents in Colombia in 2012.
- When Justice Anthony Kennedy retired from the Supreme Court in 2018, Leigh Ann tweeted a rumor that President Trump had been in negotiations with him over the naming of his successor, which ended up being Brett Kavanaugh.
- This ended up being an unfounded rumour, and Leigh Ann deleted the tweet but not before receiving backlash for the action.
See Details Above.