Laura Coates Bio, Age, Wikipedia, Net Worth, Family, Married【 CNN 】
Laura Coates Marriage & Wedding / Husband / Engaged / Partner
Currently Married. See details below.
Birthday / Laura Coates Age / Date of Birth / DOB
Biography Profile / Wiki Information
- Laura Coates, an intelligent woman with dark hair and a wry, knowing smile, is currently a legal analyst for CNN, with an active role on major media outlets.
Personal Life : Parents & Family Background
- Coates was born and raised in St. Paul, Minnesota.
- Throughout her life, she has been a proud supporter of Civil Rights and Women’s Rights issues, and reflects that in much of her public image.
- She is also happily married and has two children, one son and one daughter. Together, the four of them live in Washington, D.C.
Education & College :
- Before Coates began her successful career, she attended Princeton University, a prestigious ivy league school based in Princeton, New Jersey. Originally founded in 1746, the school is one of the oldest universities in the United States, and is proud of this heritage.
- Within the university, Coates attended the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, named after President Wilson. Once she graduated, she immediately moved on to law school.
Juris Doctor :
- Coates then attended the University of Minnesota Law School, a university that has consistently been ranked as one of the best law schools in the United States.
- She received her J.D. degree from Minnesota Law, and immediately began working.
Legal Positions & Work :
- Laura began her journey into the field of law by working as a prosecutor. She served as a trial attorney in the Civil Rights Division of the Department of Justice. There, she worked to end disenfranchisement and enforce voting rights throughout the country.
- She also served as a former assistant to the U.S. Attorney for Washington, D.C., where she mainly worked with high-profile crimes like drug trafficking.
- Eventually, Coates left the life of high-profile crimes and began working in a private practice as an intellectual property litigator, a position she continues to keep today. She also focuses on cases involving the First Amendment, defamation, copyright issues, and trademark infringement.
Laura Coates Books & Other Publications :
- As her expertise with legal issues grew, Coates began writing features and offering research to major publications, such as The Washington Post and The Boston Herald.
- In January of 2016, Coates even released her own book, a legal guide titled You Have The Right: A Constitutional Guide to Policing the Police.
- Due to its easy language, the rise of visible police brutality, and 2016’s political climate, the book became an instant bestseller, and people across the country began using it to educate themselves on the laws surrounding police engagement.
Career in Media, Salary & Net Worth :
- Laura has also appeared on TV and radio programming, and currently hosts her own radio shows that airs on Insight and UrbanView, two channels on SiriusXM.
- She has appeared on MSNBC, TVONE, and CNN, where she is now working as a legal analyst. Through CNN, she offers commentary and legal information on a number of complex issues.
No confirmed information available.