Biography Profile / Wikipedia Details
- Gia Ruiz is a devoted art director and screenwriter from Los Angeles, California. She is the wife of the American actor and writer Danny McBride.
- Danny is a famous writer, actor, comedian, director, and filmmaker. He values family very much and always gushes about his wife and children during interviews.
Parents, Early Life & Education :
- Gia Marina Ruiz was born on May 23, 1976, in Los Angeles, California.
- She went to college and received a Bachelor of Arts degree.
- Ever since she was a child, Gia dreamed of becoming a professional artist.
Marriage & Children :
- A few media reports that Gia met her husband Danny on the set of the HBO series Eastbound & Down where they both worked. However, Danny himself revealed in the Rolling Stone magazine that they actually met at a Super Bowl Party in Los Angeles in 2002. Gia worked at the Los Angeles City College working with special-needs students then.
- At the time, Danny was frustrated with his lack of job prospects. So, he decided to move back to North Carolina. He took a trip there with Gia, but came back to Los Angeles with her because he did not want to lose such a ‘great girl.’
- Gia and Danny dated for nine years and got engaged after six years of being together.
- In October 2010, the pair tied the knot. They had a luxurious wedding ceremony at Colony Palms Hotel in Palm Springs, California.
- Three months after their marriage, Gia was pregnant. The couple welcomed their son, Declan George, on September 26, 2011. Their second child, daughter Ava was born in 2015.
- Even though Gia is a private person, she does accompany her husbands at important events that he attends.
Career, Income, Salary & Net Worth :
- Gia prefers working behind the camera, unlike her husband who often takes leading roles in acting.
- She made her debut in 2006 as an art director in a film titled The Foot Fist Way. Her hubby Danny also played the role of “Fred Simmons” in this movie.
- Three years later, Gia worked as an Art Department Assistant in 2009 for the TV series Eastbound & Down. She worked there for 13 episodes. Danny McBride played the main role in the series as “Kenny Powers.”
Trivia, Height & Interesting Facts :
Married. See above for details.
- Gia’s favorite celebrity is Bob Marley. Her favorite holiday destination is London, her favorite activity is reading, and her favorite food is pizza!
- She is an animal lover and a foodie.
- Her husband Danny gushes a lot about Gia during his interviews. He says that his life improved a lot after he met her, and she has given him a sense of purpose.
- Gia has revealed little about her personal life such as her childhood, education, and family. Staying away from the public eye, she also does not have an active account on any of the social media platforms.