Candace Owens, a young African-American blogger, and YouTuber has garnered a great deal of fame for publicizing her support of the Republican Party. Growing up in Connecticut, Candace attended the Stamford High School.
Democratic Support :
- Up until 2016, Owens had been an avid supporter of the Democratic party.
- In its most basic form, the Democratic party promotes liberal values.
- For most of her life, Owens had supported these values, including ideals such as feminism and racial equality.
Republican Support :
- During the 2016 Presidential Election campaign, however, Owens began to change her views.
- She began seeing what she described as a pattern of neglect in the American Black community, where cities like Chicago that have voted for the Democratic party for decades have seen little to no progress.
- Feeling like there had to be a change, she started researching Republican platforms and trends.
- In its most basic form, the Republican party promotes traditional, conservative values.
- Owens now embraces these ideas and believes that the only way to advance the Black community is by switching their support over to the Republican side since, in her opinion, the Democratic side has not done anything for said community.
Publicity, Net worth & Professional Career :
- To promote her message, Candace began a blog and YouTube channel called Red Pill Black, where she equated changing political parties to taking the red pill in the movie The Matrix.
- Owens, essentially, believes that the Black community who vote for the Democratic party are taking the blue pill, and it is her duty to help them take the red one.
- In September 2017, Owens went on Fox News and gave an interview about her blog, citing the above reasons for changing her views.
- The interview went viral & her YouTube channel exploded, prompting her to create more content.
Youtube Success :
- Owen’s first YouTube video for her channel, titled Mom, Dad…I’m a Conservative, was released on July 9, 2017. In it, she equated her declaration of support for the Republican party with the struggles that the LGBTQ community have to go through when “coming out” to their friends and family.
- Since then, she has made few other videos, most of which garner anywhere from 50,000 to million+ views.
- Her most popular videos have been WTF? Black Lives Matter Has A List of Demands for White People,” “I Don’t Care About Charlottesville, the KKK, or White Supremacy, and Dear Celebrities: NOBODY CARES WHAT YOU THINK!!!
Social Media, Height Fun Facts :
- While her main platform is YouTube, Owens also spreads her message using other platforms, such as Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- On Twitter, she has over 2 million followers. Most of her tweets include her own videos or highlight the content of other conservative media outlets.
- On Facebook, over 950,000 people have liked her page, and on Instagram, she has over 600,000 followers.
- Also quite active on Reddit, she frequents many forums that support the former President Donald Trump.