Wikipedia Information / Biography Profile
- Caolan Robertson (pronounced Kay-Lin) is a young political writer, social critic and filmmaker from the United Kingdom.
- Caolan is a co-founder of The New Brit, an online newspaper primarily based on propagation on social media & that claims to “bring traditional media into the modern age”.
Early Life, Family & Education :
- Caolan was born on May 19, 1995.
- Besides co-founding The New Brit, Caolan also contributed to The Rebel Media, a Canadian far right online political and social commentary media website.
- His profile on The Rebel Media website mentioned that he was a student of a prestigious London university studying filmmaking, but got expelled after creating content that criticised Islam.
- In August 2017, Caolan left The Rebel Media amidst controversy & accepting “hush money.”
- There is little else publicly available information on his personal life.
Work as a Bar Manager :
- Before finding fame with political journalism, Robertson was a manager at a bar in Chelsea, known as No. 9. He was 20 years old then.
- While he was employed there, he concocted a cocktail using pig’s blood, appropriately named “Slaughter.”
- The idea came to him after he saw a contestant in a cocktail competition using the unfamiliar ingredient. He realized that it was never commercially available, and started making his own recipe for it with the help of a mixologist friend.
- The method of assembly involved centrifuging the blood, separating it into thicker parts and “thinner parts” which he claims are sweeter. The cocktail is described to be bitter and sweet at the same time.
Media Criticism :
- Over time, Robertson has received many criticisms for his extreme views on religion, liberalism and supporting LGBTs.
- Channel 4 in UK featured him in their Shut Your Facebook documentary in 2014, revealing the £5k debt he had accumulated to gain fame on Facebook.
- A columnist for the Hope Not Hate Organization quoted how he was depicted in videos living luxuriously, and openly spoke about his desire for fame and luxury.
- He also frankly disclosed that he used credit cards and payday loans for his spending & yet appeared to take little notice of the consequences he faces.
- Caolan was “punished” by carrying 2 large bags of coins amounting to the debt he owes to experience the weight of his responsibility literally. The punishment seemed to work for a while, but was shown that he went back to his old habits very soon after.
Trivia, Height & Interesting Facts :
Currently Not Married.
- Caolan is often associated together with Tommy Robinson in the press, who is a daring political activist in the UK.
- He was present at the scene for both the Westminster and London Bridge attacks.
- He has been slammed for faking to be a journalist during the attacks, simply repeating what journalists from other news stations are saying, and adding his commentary onto the report blaming religion for the attacks.