Biography Profile / Wiki Information
- Sydney Watson is an Australian-American social and political commentator, vlogger and journalist.
- A right-wing conservative, she has become popular for speaking out on issues surrounding gun laws, men’s rights and immigration.
Personal Life & Family Background :
- Sydney Watson (who sometimes goes by Sydney Lyons) was born in the 1990s in Melbourne, Australia.
- Growing up with a mother from the United States, she has split time between the two countries and credits that for her unique accent. A dual citizen, Sydney currently resides full-time in Melbourne.
- Watson has a WordPress account titled “Be Brave” that features original poems dating back to 2016. Many of the poems focus on love and heartbreak.
- When talking about an October 2018 trip to the U.S., Sydney joked that “she is looking for a husband.”
Early Life & Education :
- Growing up in a conservative household, Sydney credits her parents with a lot of her ideologies.
- She now considers herself more right-wing than her parents, but they are still supportive of her outspoken nature. In fact, her parents regularly read the comments people leave on Sydney’s social media posts.
- In 2016, she graduated from the University of Melbourne (UoM) with a degree in criminology. In the same year, she gained international attention for speaking out against a petition to remove the Facebook page ‘Hotties of Melbourne University.’
- Twice featured on the site, she was quoted by several news outlets – including Business Insider and the Daily Mail UK – for her belief that the site was “flattering” rather than sexist, as argued by the petitioner.
- Openly critical of UoM for pushing left-wing ideologies, Sydney still returned to the school to earn her Master’s degree in journalism. Now graduated, she spent her years at college just keeping her mouth shut in class.
Job, Salary & Net Worth :
- After returning from a visit to the U.S. in January 2018, Sydney was inspired by the conservative commentators she had witnessed in the American media.
- Sensing there was an urgent need for this in Australia, she began posting videos on YouTube in February 2018.
- Since then, she has gained a few million views and has been a feature commentator on several media outlets, including Sky News Australia.
- In August 2018, Watson organized the first “March for Men” in Melbourne. Despite backlash from many others, hundreds of supporters showed up for the event.
- As of 2020, she has well over 400,000 subscribers on her verified YouTube channel. Few of her most popular videos are titled ‘Skinny girl reacts to THIN PRIVILEGE’ & ‘4 Reasons Why Feminism Is Full Of Hypocrisy’.
Fun Facts, Height & Trivia :
- Before she became famous on YouTube for her social and political commentary, Sydney was popular on the site as a budding singer. An old YouTube profile dating back to 2010 features her singing popular cover songs. The channel had over 4,000 subscribers & has garnered over 200,000 views.
- Interested in more than just politics, she also plays the piano and speaks French.
- Sydney was close to not posting the video that made her famous (Gun Control: Why You Can’t Compare Australia and the U.S.). A friend encouraged her to do so through text.
- The things she loves include dogs, curly fries and country music.