|Personal Details Summary
|Age / How old / Birthday / Date of Birth / DOB
|No confirmed information is available on the year she was born.
|Wedding & Marriage / Husband / Dating / Partner / Boyfriend
|Married. Check the full bio for relationship details.
|Children / No. of Kids
|Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race
|What happened to Amber Rupinta?
|Amber Rupinta is an anchor and journalist for the WTVD News network.
Introduction : Amber Rupinta Wiki
Amber Rupinta is an anchor & journalist for WTVD News network. She is known for handling news reports on-air for the morning weekdays show. Her stories include traffic updates, live broadcasts & breaking local/international news.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Amber’s life growing up has been quite interesting.
- She was one of the eight children of a U.S Navy soldier. Her father joined the U.S Navy so as to emigrate from the Philippines to America. This enabled her and her family to live in diverse places in the country.
- She now lives in Raleigh with her husband, who is a chiropractor who has his own practice. They also have two young sons.
- Amber had an experience of flying with fighter jets. She got this chance with The USAF Air Demonstration Squadron, The Thunderbirds, who are based at the Nellis Air Force Base in Nevada.
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- Amber is always eager to learn something new; hence her quest for knowledge has not been a short one!
- She is a holder of many certificates & degree including :
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mass Communication/Journalism (graduated in 1998) from Towson University
- Certificate in Operational Meteorology from Mississippi State University
- Graduate Certificate in Technology and Communication from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Bachelor of Science Degree (Geoscience: Operational Meteorology) from Mississippi State University
Career, Job and Professional Timeline :
- Rupinta’s career path started in 2001 when she worked for WCAU reporting traffic and breaking news until 2003.
- Then, she was promoted to General Assignment Reporter and a host for Lifestyle Entertainment at the same network.
- In 2004, she anchored a show by the name 10! The show was an hour-long live segment with entertainment, interviews of musicians, and actors, amongst others.
- In 2004, she became a Meteorologist for WTVD/ABC11 Network & currently too continues to work there. As a Weekday co-anchor & reporter for the morning show, she sometimes also doubles up as a fill-in Meteorologist.
- Soon, she is poised to anchor the 4 p.m and 5:30 p.m news – She makes fun of this by saying that she will finally get to get a good night’s sleep! WTVD selected Amber Rupinta to be the replacement for Anna Laurel, who moved to California with her family.
- Amber has covered a lot of great stories for ABC11, including the ConAgra plant explosion, the Carthage nursing home massacre & a terrorist attack at UNC-CH.
- She also did some coverage of Presidential Candidates Hillary Clinton & Donald Trump during the 2016 Elections.
- Being present in her two sons’ lives is the most important thing for Amber; hence, she has rarely taken a position that might limit the time she spends with her young family.
Salary and Net Worth :
- As per Salary(dot)com, the average median salary of Raleigh News Reporter is $63,156 per year. The salary range is $39,000 to $101,000 annually. ZipRecruiter gives the average salary for this profile as $64,227/year.
- Drawing from this data, we get a rough estimate of Amber Rupinta’s salary. Considering her work experience, her annual income can be estimated to be higher than the average figures mentioned above.