Anna Laurel is a former news anchor for WTVD, who has worked for a number of local American news networks.
Personal Life : Parents, Family and Education
- Anna is from South Carolina. She was born in Memphis, and part of her childhood was spent in New York, but the family soon moved back to South Carolina.
- Her dad was a Southern Baptist Preacher; hence she moved around a lot as a child and got a bigger worldview. At one point, she even had the chance to work at a beachfront restaurant in Netanya, Israel.
- When she is not working, Anna loves spending time checking out great restaurants, hiking and exploring, traveling, being with friends and family and being actively involved with her church.
- She has a Bachelor degree in Journalism from the University of South Carolina.
Profession : Career, Salary and Net Worth
- Anna loves telling stories from a young age. Her career journey started in South Carolina with internships at an NBC affiliate & at PBS.
- From 2005 to 2009, she also worked in Phoenix, Arizona, where she filled-in and reported at the desk for KPNX 12 News. Some stories she covered stories here were the Super Bowl and about serial killer.
- In November 2009, Laurel joined KMPH Fox 26 in Fresno, CA, where she worked as a news anchor until 2012 when she left to join WTVD ABC11.
- At WTVD, she co-anchored the 4 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. newscast with Fred Shropshire. She worked at WTVD till July 2017, when she made the decision to leave and go back to California with her husband.
Interesting Bits, Height and Trivia :
- Anna landed in a bit of a spot one time when during a newscast she said that Santa is not real. Though she said it playfully, many parents did not take it lightly and took it to social media to reprimand her. The station later apologized for her remarks.
- She has been involved with many charities including The Make-A-Wish Foundation, The Ronald McDonald House, Race for the Cure & the Teen Challenge.
Favourites & Interests :
- One of Anna’s dream vacations would be to visit the Spanish Coast and just chill there.
- The things Anna treasures the most of all her possessions are her 1991 Volvo Station Wagon & an oil painting given to her by her mom when she got married; the painting has always been at their home when she was growing up.
- Her first job was at Nick’s Car Wash in Easley, South Carolina where she used to wash car windows.
- Her favorite food item is her dad’s fried deer tenderloin, biscuits and gravy.
- Her favorite color is green & her favorite team is the Carolina Gamecocks.
- She loves to read about history, travel, shop and to cook in her free time.