Background Profile / Wikipedia Information
- Anna Werner is more than a reporter for CBS News, she’s a hero. And here’s why – the list of investigative reports that she has produced is simply endless!
- She has gained country wide fame & over 30 awards working as a investigative reporter at CBS News ( 2011 – Present ) & other networks such as WISH (Indianapolis – 1995 to 1998), KHOU (Houston – 1998 to 2004) & KPIX (San Francisco – 2004 to 2010).
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Broadcast Journalism from Northern Illinois University.
List of Investigative Reports :
- Anna Werner has witnessed, reported, and resolved stories that have challenged lives forever. She discovered a pattern of inaccurate DNA analyses by the Houston police crime laboratory.
- The stories she released resulted in a pardon for a wrongfully convicted teen of a crime, the closure of the crime lab, and the restudy of numerous DNA samples.
- When she was a part of the WISH network, her secret cam investigation exhibited grave abuse of mentally challenged patients at New Castle State Developmental Center. She was indirectly responsible for the closure of the establishment & received her first Murrow Award for this story.
- Anna was the first network news journalist to arrive on the scene after a tornado ripped Oklahoma in 2013.
- In 2014, some electric shock equipment was being used on students at a Massachusetts special school. The story won Werner a New York Newswoman’s Front Page Award for Best Television Feature.
- Once Anna was interviewing an elderly lady after a tornado ripped through her town and destroyed her house in Oklahoma…suddenly, the old woman’s pet dog surfaced from the debris after being buried alive & reunited with her.
Awards & Recognition :
- Emmy awards – Best reporter in 2000, 2001, & in 2008, 2009.
- Winner of an IRE Medal in 2012
- Scripps-Howard Jack R Howard Excellence in Media awards;
- Chris Harris Reporter of the Year for the years 2008 and 2010
- Journalist of the Year – Awarded by the Consumer Federation of California in 2010
- Numerous society & professional journalists award