Biography Profile / Wiki Information
- Mireya Marissa Villarreal is a national news correspondent with CBS News. Fluent in English and Spanish, this beautiful journalist is an award-winning recipient for her numerous investigative pieces on topics affecting society. From gut-wrenching coverage of fertilizer plant explosions to college shootings to wildfires, Mireya has done it all.
- Villarreal doesn’t compromise with ethics while doing her duty. She says that the reason for her commitment is that she is answerable to the viewer who sits at home is dependent on her. She is acknowledged as the rare Hispanic women in the field of media. Mireya herself claims that she had to grow a thick skin to tackle her critics.
- She has spent a major part of her broadcasting career in her home state of Texas.
Profession, Job, Salary and Net Worth :
- Mireya began her career in the year 2008 with WOAI-TV working as an investigative reporter.
- She moved onto the role of an investigative reporter with CBS 11-KTVT and was instrumental in many reforms in the sectors she reported on. She claims that she acted as the voice for those who couldn’t do anything.
- She has been a national news correspondent with CBS News since 2015 till date and has worked for various shows like the CBS Evening News, CBS This Morning, and CBSN.
- Mireya graduated from the University of Texas–Pan American (UTPA) in 2001. She has completed her Bachelors in Business Administration (BBA) specializing in Marketing.
- Mireya was born and brought up as a native of the Texas Rio Grande Valley. According to the IMDB website, Mireya is married to Matthew Reed Gideon since December 28th, 2007. The couple has one child from the marriage. The proud parents have named their son Maeson Gideon.
Interesting Facts :
- Mireya had three miscarriages while traveling and covering stories. Her first miscarriage was while she was covering the massive wildfires in Northern California in 2017.
- She won the Emmy Awards for her reports on excessive spending by DFW International Airport executives. Her reporting highlighted the massive corruption in the system.
- Her expose allowed Texas school district employees to resign after wrongdoing and exposing a real estate scam that targeted San Antonio homebuyers, which eventually sparked legal investigations into two local companies.
- Mireya also received two Texas Associated Press awards for stories on such diverse topics as immigration and child safety.
- Her industry relates skills include news writing, journalism, media relations, among others.
- Mireya wrote an essay about her miscarriages while reporting on air. Her heartfelt account of her pain with the miscarriage received wide attention. She also narrates how she got her son after visiting a fertility doctor and four years of trying with her husband.
Body Info / Physical Features
Mireya Villarreal Measurements :
- Eye Color : Brown
- Hair Color : Brown
- Mireya Villarreal Height : 5′ 8″.
- Feet / Legs / Shoe Size : No confirmed information is available.
- Pregnant ? : Currently, she is not expecting a baby.
- Weight Loss : A few Google queries regarding this, but we couldn’t find anything conclusive on any of her social media.
Personal / Home Details
Married. See above for details.
- Married ? : Yes
- Children / No of Kids : 1
- Mireya Villarreal Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : Hispanic
- Nationality : American