Wikipedia Biography / Profile Background
- Nikki Battiste is a reporter, producer and television personality.
- She is an Emmy and Peabody award-winning journalist, currently working for CBS News.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Batiste married her husband Dean Simpson in 2016.
- Her husband is English, by way of Wales. They first met in 2012 in New York City.
Early Life and Education :
- Nikki grew up in Newport, Pennsylvania, a small rural town.
- She grew up in Amish country, which means she grew up with no televisions, cars and any modern conveniences.
- Nikki was fearless & very athletic growing up. She rode horses, played basketball, softball, field hockey and ran track.
- Upon graduating from high school, Battiste went on to attend the University of Pennsylvania, where she played hockey at the college level. She graduated with a degree in politics, philosophy and economics.
Career, Income, Salary and Net worth :
- Battiste began her career as an NBC New Page, working at Saturday Night Live and Today.
- She then went on to work as a production associate at Today.
- In 2009, she also became an editorial producer for CBS’s 20/20.
- She worked in that capacity for several years, covering stories such as the Amanda Knox trial, Chris Brown arrest and more.
- Continuing in her role as a producer, she produced ABC News Specials such as – The President and the People: Race in America and The Untold Story of the Sound of Music.
- Besides her work as a producer at ABC, Nikki also works as a reporter where she appeared on Good Morning America, World News Tonight, Nightline, 20/20 and ABCNews.
- In 2017, Nikki began working for CBS as a freelance for reporter for CBS Newspath.
- One year later, she was hired as a news correspondent for CBS and quickly began appearing on CBS News Programs such as Face the Nation, CBS This Morning and CBS Evening News.
- The investigative reporting that Battiste did on the Catholic Church sexual abuse story, not only gained professional accolades and praise, but it also led to the uncovering of more abuse and many clergy resigning.
- The coverage that did regarding America’s gun debate shed national spotlight on an issue that is on the forefront of America’s politics.
- She has won several awards – Emmys, Edward R Murrow, CINE Golden Eagle, Peabody, Deadline and FrontPage award.
Interesting Facts and Trivia :
- Battiste is a daredevil at heart. She has jumped out of planes and loves to travel.
- Dancing is another passion, as well as riding horses.
- When she was a child, she wanted to be a singer, until her mother told her that she unfortunately could not sing.
- Her nickname in school was ‘Gunner’.
- She admits now that she cannot dance nor sing.
Personal / Home Details
- Nikki Battiste Married? : Yes
- Children / No of Kids : –
- Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : Mixed
- Nationality : American
Weijia Jiang Bio CBS, Age, Wikipedia Biography, Husband, Married
Jamie Yuccas Age, Wiki, Spouse, Husband, Bio, Salary, Haircut, Height
Mireya Villarreal Age, Wikipedia Bio【 CBS 】Husband Married, Family
Naomi Ruchim Wikipedia, Age, Wedding, Husband【 Bio CBS 】Salary
Anthony Salvanto Age, Wiki, Bio【 CBS News 】Net worth, Height
Anna Werner Age, CBS Bio, Married, Biography Wiki, Husband, News
Jamal Simmons Age, Wikipedia Bio【 CBS 】Married Spouse Wife
Wendy Gillette Wiki, Age, Married【 CBS 】Net worth, Husband, Bio