You could say that “weather” has been in Meteorologist Bri Eggers’ blood, right from the time she was a child! After all, she grew up on a farm whose survival instincts move in tandem with changing weather conditions.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Growing up, Bri’s home was a peppermint farm in Idaho, managed by her third-generation farmer father.
- As soon as she was born, her grandfather gave her a nickname – “Breezy.”
- Probably, he guessed her ‘future’ love for the weather, even at that time, when she had just come out of her mother’s womb!
- Dinnertime conversations often focused on how weather conditions affected the growth of crops.
- This helped Bri comprehend the importance of weather forecasting right from a young age.
- Her present family comprises of her husband, Sean & a cat called Simba.
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- Bri completed her schooling in rural Kuna.
- She went in for a Bachelor’s degree in Theater Arts at the San Diego State University, in 2003.
- Bri enjoyed hanging out with her Gamma Phi Beta sisters during her college years.
- Gamma Phi Beta refers to the non-profit establishment, National Panhellenic Conference National Sponsor of Girls on the Run International.
- Bri acquired a certificate in Broadcast Meteorology from Mississippi State University.
- Other noteworthy accomplishments include a summer program at Oxford University, a short-term college program internship organized by EPCOT at Disney World in Orlando & a semester of studying abroad in Holland.
TV Career, Job, Salary and Net Worth :
- Prior to falling in love with Meteorology, Bri had contemplated becoming a stand-up comedian!
- She worked as a Hollywood extra in the movie, “Bewitched,” and on shows like “Grounded for Life” and “The O.C..”
- Bri began her weather forecasting career at Boise in southwestern Idaho.
- She linked up with 7News (WHDH), Boston, in October 2014.
- Bri finds it a challenge to confront the changing faces of four distinctive seasons in the New England area.
- Bri has already received the NWA Seal of Approval from The National Weather Association, of which she is a member.
Interesting Facts and Trivia :
- Bri is always deeply excited to talk about anything related to travel and to undertake journeys anywhere and everywhere!
- She also desires to visit every nook and corner of New England, taking in all the sights it has to offer.
- Running is another passion. Whenever she has some free time, Bri drags her husband Sean along with her to explore Boston on running feet!
- Her stamina helped her participate in the Boston Marathon (2016) and collect over $4,000 for the benefit of the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.
- Simba is more than just a pet and a playing companion for Bri.
- Bri is a huge fan of Huey Lewis and the news.
- She still harbors an extreme fondness for theater arts.
- Bri is a person with myriad interests. She enters into everything she does with deep zest and great self-confidence. This should suffice to take her quite far in life!