Biography Profile / Wiki Information
- Darlene Hill claims that she is blessed with the gift of gab & says the journalist bug bit her in the year 1980, while she was in middle school.
- Having fought prejudice, Darlene remembers that her professors at Ohio State University favored fair-skinned Caucasian students. They often proclaimed that it would be difficult for Darlene to get into the career as a journalist and even difficult to stay in business.
- She learned perseverance and her never-give-up spirit, right from her first job.
- Darlene, who has reported every beat of the news which includes the Democratic National Convention to the 2008 Presidential Inauguration, says it has been tough getting stories because of being a woman, and it doesn’t necessarily have to do with her ethnicity.
- She operates on the policy that even though it’s a piece of two-minute news for her, it could be the rest of their life for the viewers.
Early Life, Education & Family :
- Darlene was born and brought up in Toledo, Ohio.
- She has two children both of whom are now grown-up.
- Darlene lived in Chicago, Illinois for a major portion of her life. In 2018, when she joined a network in Columbus, Ohio, she said “thanks for letting Chicago borrow me for 25 years. Now I am coming home and going to show everyone how much I’ve missed them.”
- She completed her high school from Rogers in the year 1984. This was followed by graduation from the Ohio State University in 1989.
Career, Income, Salary & Net Worth :
- Darlene’s career began a few weeks after finishing her graduation in journalism from University!
- She was offered the job of a reporter for a CBS affiliate in Monterey, California, where she had to carry a huge camera, write, edit and report stories.
- She was with Fox 32 for over two decades, primarily working as a general assignment reporter. Later, she was also promoted to be a co-anchor of Fox Chicago Sunday, a political show on the network. In Nov 2017, Darlene left the channel after a long 23 years old association. The departure of Hill after 23 years from FOX WFLD-Channel 32 was on the top 10 most-read stories for The Daily Herald in October 2017.
- In September 2018, Darlene Hill joined NBC4 in Colombus, Ohio, becoming the station’s 4:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. anchor.
Interesting Facts & Controversies :
- When Darlene was pursuing her journalism course at the Ohio State University, she says other than her there were only a couple of African-American women in her class.
- She idolized one female African-American news anchor on ABC while growing up, and she says this validated her choice of profession.
- Darlene appeared on the Dr. Oz Show and took on the diet challenge and was invited on the show to talk about her amazing results.
- She is a member of the Alpha Kappa Alpha sorority.
Awards & Achievements :
- Darlene has won numerous Regional and National awards while working in Chicago.
- She won the prestigious Peabody Award for reporting about the high school junior student who was beaten to death near his school. The case caught national attention when she procured a video footage of the killing, shot from the mobile phone camera by a student.
- She is a recipient of the Edward R. Murrow, Chicago Emmy Awards and The Gracie Award.
Body Info / Physical Features
Darlene Hill Measurements :
- Eye Color : Black
- Hair Color : Black
- How tall is Darlene Hill Height : 5′ 7″
- Feet / Legs / Shoe Size : No confirmed information is available
- Pregnant ? : Currently, she is not expecting a baby.
Personal / Home Details
- Married? : Yes
- Darlene Hill No of Kids : 2
- Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : Black
- Nationality : American