Biography Profile / Wiki Information
- Lisa Chavarria is currently a general assignment reporter at NBC Chicago.
Personal Life : Family & Education
- Lisa Chavarria was born in 1983 in Southside of Chicago, Illinois, and then her family moved to west suburban Berwyn, Illinois, when she was just a few years old.
- For her education, Lisa attended Immaculate Heart of Mary high school and then went on to graduate from Columbia College Chicago with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Broadcast Journalism.
- Lisa has talked about how she always dreamed of a future career in journalism, even as a child. She would run around with a tape recorder and interview her mom about dinner or her dad about what he was watching on TV. She also mentions being grateful to her parents for encouraging her to try & follow this pursuit.
Marriage & Husband :
- In 2014, Lisa married Benjamin Nance and they had their wedding ceremony at the Navy Pier in Chicago.
- Originally from Houston, Texas, Benjamin is a professional on-air talent, producer and commercial voiceover actor.
- His previous experiences working in radio include writing, producing and voicing spots for multiple stations in Chicago, IL and Houston, TX.
- Currently, he works as a producer at NewsRadio 780 and 105.9 FM (WBBM-AM) in Chicago.
- Lisa now lives with her husband and their Yorkie dog, Rocket.
Job, Salary & Net Worth :
- Lisa started her career in the snowy hills of Traverse City, Michigan, at WPBN-TV. She refers to her time there as being part of a one-person band.
- Working at WPBN-TV, Lisa had to lug 40 lbs of equipment up ice-covered hills and blizzards. This was the point that she really knew that she wanted to stick to this as her career. She stayed there for a little over two and a half years and later headed to work for WTVF in Nashville.
- At WTVF, Lisa worked as a morning reporter and would have to be up early when it was still dark. Despite the tough hours, she kept going as was proud of the fact that it was this station that Oprah Winfrey got her start in television. She worked there for two years before moving further south to Houston to work for KHOU-TV.
- At KHOU, Chavarria covered everything from hurricane preparations to the Presidential visit in the two years she worked there. She moved back to her hometown of Chicago after this to work for WFLD where she stayed for five years.
- In 2017, Lisa headed to NBC Chicago as a freelance reporter first and is currently working for them as a general assignments reporter. Coincidentally, she had also interned for NBC when she was studying in college.
Fun Facts, Height & Trivia :
- Lisa loves running and documented her training for her first marathon. She became an official finisher of the Bank of America Chicago Marathon in 2018. She has mentioned that she will make another attempt in 2019, this time raising money and awareness for the American Diabetes Association. It’s a cause dear to Lisa as her mother had Type 2 diabetes & she also lost her grandfather to complications from the same condition.
- In 2011, Lisa won the local Houston sports radio website contest as Houston’s “Hottest Media Woman,” something she sees as both an honor and an embarrassment.
- An avid sports fan, she supports most of Chicago’s local teams and often makes it a point to say that she’s a big supporter in her bios and interviews.
- Lisa is a member of the National Association of Hispanic Journalists. A bilingual personality, she is fluent in English and Spanish.