Wikipedia Biography / Profile Information
- Dawn Hasbrouck is a news anchor and journalist who works for Fox 32 News in Chicago, Illinois.
- A modern-day working mom, Dawn has earned herself quite a few award nominations for her dedication and hard work.
Personal Life, Parents & Family Background :
- Dawan was born and raised in Chicago’s Southside & has a twin sister Nicki Hasbrouck. As children, the sisters often played doubles tennis & ran track races together.
- Dawn and her husband Brandon have two children together. She has been vocal about how happy she is to be raising their children in her hometown. Though Dawn admits that finding the right pediatrician was a bit of a challenge first, she is hopeful that she and her husband can give their kids an upbringing pretty similar to the one they had.
- In a past interview, Dawn gushed about her hometown & called it an amiable and diverse city that outranked any other city in the country, especially when it comes to raising a family.
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- Dawn attended high school at the St Ignatius College Prep, Chicago, and was part of the school’s track and tennis teams as well as the musical theatre program. In addition to this, she was also the cheerleading captain.
- She also attended the Sherwood Conservatory of Music as well as the Merit School of Music where she was a young voice pupil.
- After graduating high school, she attended Duke University, from where she graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Public Policy and a certificate for Film and Video Production. She also attended University of California & studied at its School of Cinema and Television.
- Dawn also has a Master’s degree in Journalism, which she obtained at the School of Journalism at the Northwestern University. She was also inducted into the school’s ‘Council of 100’, which is a group celebrating the university’s top female graduates.
Career, Income, Salary & Net worth :
- Dawn’s illustrious career as an anchor and a journalist includes stints in Des Moines, Iowa, at WHO Newsradio, in Lexington, Kentucky, at WKYT-TV(CBS), in Savannah, Georgia, at WTGS/WJCL-TV (Fox/ABC) and in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, at WITI-TV (Fox).
- She has also worked as an anchor and medical reporter in Hartford, Connecticut, as part of the WFSB-TV CBS team.
- Dawn spent three years working for the WBZ-TV station in Boston, Massachusetts, where she was nominated for Emmy awards for her anchoring and reporting skills.
- Currently, she lives and works in Chicago as an anchor for Fox 32 News.
Interesting Facts & Trivia :
- In addition to having a twin sister, Dawn also married a man who happens to be a twin too!
- Having studied Opera for about nine years, she has become quite an accomplished singer and loves to sing to her sons.
Awards & Achievements :
- In addition to being nominated for Emmy awards, Hasbrouck has also been awarded the ‘Best News Specialty Award’ by the Chicago Headline Club’s Peter Lisagor as well as the Best Hard News Feature Award by the Associated Press.
- She was made part of the Top 40 under 40 by the Boston Business Journal for her accomplishments before turning 40 as well as her community service.
Body Info / Physical Features
Dawn Hasbrouck Measurements :
- Eye Color : Brown
- Haircut / Hair Color : Brown
- How tall is Dawn Hasbrouck Height : 5’ 1” (she often posts photos with #shortpeopleproblems)
- Feet / Legs / Boots / Shoe Size : No confirmed information available.
- Dawn Hasbrouck Weight Loss Tips : There were a few queries on Google regarding this. However, the only instance that we could find was one of Dawn’s Facebook post, back in August 2015, where she shared a photo of a big dinner and asked ‘Any weight loss tips?’. See image below.
Personal / Home Details
- Marital Status / Married? : Yes
- Children / No of Kids : 2
- Dawn Hasbrouck Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : Black
- Nationality : American