Biography Profile / Wiki Information
- Elizabeth Ries is a news personality, mother, wife, an avid home chef and the Twin Cities favourite talk show host.
- Elizabeth has been on ‘Twin Cities Live’ since 2009 with current co-host Steve Patterson where the show focuses on what makes the Twin Cities and their people unique.
Personal Life & Family Background :
- Born on July 27, 1981, in Cambridge, Minnesota, Elizabeth is the daughter of parents Thomas and Susie Ries. She has two sisters – Emily, and Jenny Ries.
- The Ries family moved to Apple Valley, CA from Minnesota. Elizabeth graduated from Apple Valley High School in 1999.
- Her father is a Minister and President of Concordia University and her mother is an Interior Designer and has her own successful business in the Twin Cities.
- Elizabeth’s mom Susie Ries has appeared many times on TCL giving home décor tips.
- She loves cooking, growing her own vegetables and also has her own chicken coop in the backyard which she regularly blogs about.
- When she was 22, Elizabeth got a West Highland White Terrier named Henry who regularly appeared on TCL until he passed away in late 2018. The Reimers family also has German Shorthair Pointer, Gracie Lu.
- Elizabeth met Jay Reimers in 2010 and went on their first date three months later. After dating for three years, they got married on September 21, 2013. The couple has two children together – Bernadette and Franklin.
Early Life & Education :
- Elizabeth graduated from the University of Wisconsin with a Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism and Political Science.
- She interned at KMSP in Eden Prairies.
Job, Salary & Net Worth :
- After her internship, Elizabeth began her career in Green Bay, Wisconsin as a reporter and anchor for WBAY.
- She then moved to Duluth, Minnesota where she did the morning Newscast for KDLH, finally moving back to the Twin Cities where she reported for 5 Eyewitness News.
- In 2009, Ries joined the Twin Cities Live team. She has had two different co-hosts until Steve Patterson was signed on July 2014. There was a stage where the show could’ve have been cancelled but ended up being expanded to 90 minutes instead.
- She also does the ‘Dirt Alerts’ for myTalk 107.10 few times a week.
- Ries also has her own blog called ‘Home to Homestead’ and does a podcast ‘Best to the Nest’ with Margery Punnet, her former radio co-host on myTalk 107.10.
Facts, Height & Trivia :
- Elizabeth used to play the flute in high school but never kept it up.
- She supported the Wisconsin Badgers but her father made sure that all the girls route for the Green Bay Packers.
- She has always wanted to travel to Iceland and Denmark.
- Ries loves the patty cakes from Yum Bakery. Her favorite brand of water is La Croix.
- In 2016, Elizabeth went to Ghana to report for TCL on a friendship between a Minnesota businessman and Ghana pastor – about a pair of shoes that changed lives.