Jacqui Jeras Wikipedia, Age, Weather Channel, Husband, Wiki【 Bio 】
Jacqui Jeras Marriage & Wedding / Husband / Engaged / Fiance
Currently Married. See details below.
Birthday / Age / Date of Birth / DOB
Biography / Profile Information
- Jacqui Jeras is an experienced meteorologist based in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Over the course of her long career, she has worked with the Weather Channel, CNN & also NASA Unexplained Files.
Early Life & Family Background :
- Jacqui grew up in Minnesota, where she was always exposed to a wide range of weather patterns.
- She now lives in Altanta, GA with her husband Mike, whom she met. They have been together since college!
- The couple has two children, Aurora and Ashton.
- Her daughter Aurora is actually named after the Northern Lights, aka, the Aurora Borealis.
Education & College :
- Jeras attended Iowa State University & graduated in 1992 with a B.A. in Journalism / Mass Communication.
- She also attended Mississippi State University and obtained a Certificate of Broadcast Meteorology.
- Jeras also holds a seal of approval from the American Meteorological Society.
Job Timeline : Salary & Net Worth
Early Career :
- Jeras started her career & moved around the country quite a bit before settling down.
- First, she worked at KCAU-TV in Sioux City, Iowa as a Senior Reporter/Fill-in Anchor.
- Later, she moved to WEHT-TV in Evansville, Indiana as a Weekend Weather Anchor / Weekday Reporter, and back to Iowa at WHO-TV in Des Moines as a Morning and Noon Meteorologist.
Stint at CNN & Later Professional Life :
- She finally received the recognition she was looking for, and accepted a position at CNN where she stayed for 13 years, from 1999 – 2012!
- She was responsible for forecasting, producing and researching weather & science segments and presenting them on-camera. At CNN, she earned an on-camera Meteorologist Peabody Award for her cumulative coverage of Hurricane Katrina & the Gulf Oil Spill.
- Jeras then joined WJLA, an ABC affiliate in Washington, D.C., as an On-Camera Meteorologist on Good Morning Washington and Midday from 2012 – 2016.
- As of 2018, she works as a freelance meteorologist in Atlanta, GA. She reports for The Weather Channel, CNN Networks and NASA’s Unexplained Files. Being a freelancer allows her to lend her assistance as a local weather fill-in.
- In May of 2014, she began doing less film work and took a production assistant position for a Tampa Bay, Florida-based TV show called Jannus Live.
Measurements, Height & Trivia :
- In 2013, Jeras took time off from work to undergo a preventative double mastectomy. Her family has a strong history of breast cancer – her sister battled the disease, her mother and aunts are survivors, and her grandmother lost the battle.
No confirmed information on this.