Mitzi Borromeo Wikipedia : Age, Wedding, Married, Education, Bio, Husband
Birthday / Age / Date of Birth / DOB
October 12, 1979. As of early 2020, she is around 40 years old.
Marriage & Wedding / Husband / Engaged / Boyfriend
Biodata Profile / Wiki Information
- Mitzi Borromeo is a world traveler who states her experiences are priceless, and is thankful for every opportunity to teach others about environmental preservation.
Personal : Family Background & Early Life
- Mitzi had always been a tomboy since her younger days, she says it was her way of rebelling and being the antithesis of her mother, the very first Miss Philippines- Universe, Myrna Panlilio.
- She remembers her happy days playing with neighborhood children, her dog Maya, making substitute nests for fallen baby birds, and sneaking into her neighbor’s estate aviary with parrots, pheasants, and a peacock. She credits these adventures and the Discovery Channel for fuelling her passion for nature.
- When Mitzi was ten, her father Ramon died, which prompted a move back to Manila to be with her siblings.
- When she was 25, her sister died of non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma and then her mother passed from a heart attack when Mitzi was 31.
- Mitzi says she just learned to deal with it, throwing all her energy into her work. She reveals that the experiences of pain and loss have scarred her too, but at the same time have renewed her zest for life. She adds that life is really short & we must make the most of this one shot we have at living!
Job, Salary & Net Worth :
- Mitzi graduated from Ateneo de Manila University in 1998, and joined a news workshop for the Sarimanok News Network. She was offered a job as a news presenter and morning program host.
- Simultaneously, she also took a volunteer position for World Wide Fund (WWF) for Nature, working with communications and member services.
- Mitzi eventually left the TV broadcasting career for a full-time job with WWF, working with communities to ensure environmental change, climate change policy, and freshwater conservation.
- In 2001, Borromeo started work at the WWF International offices located in Switzerland, and then was offered a position as press officer.
- In 2005, Mitzi worked with the United Nations University for Advanced Studies in Yokohama, helping with technical research and sustainable development.
- When the opportunity came to move back to the Philippines in 2007, she started an agency called Creative Cross Border Productions, focusing on development of documentaries, which promoted education, health improvement, and environmental awareness. for this project, she came together with other like-minded women. Their recent projects have included a UNICEF and Department of Education project on STDs, a marine preservation children’s book series, and a food science program for National Geographic Philippines.
- After a break, Mitzi returned to news broadcasting with CNN Philippines, earning the KBP Golden Dove Award for Best TV Newscaster two years in a row. However, has recently left the position as anchor, for a reporting job citing “I can do more by being out there” connecting with the audience, being involved with advocacy work, and completing her Masters in Media Studies.
Interesting Facts, Height & Trivia :
- Borromeo has traveled to five continents and even settled down on three of them. She says the souvenirs she keeps are representations of herself at various stages of life, and help to remind her not to lose her sense of self.
- She encourages her readers to be grateful for everything you have, and be aware of the present moment.
- Mitzi is a self-confessed hoarder; frequently keeping mementos of concerts, international trips, restaurant coasters, and other such souvenirs of happy days and childhood memories.
No confirmed information on this.