Wikipedia Bio / Profile Information
- Best known as the husband of Lea Salonga (the Filipina singer who gave voice to the animated Disney princesses Jasmine and Mulan), Robert Charles Chien is a businessman and owner of a multimedia media company. Robert lives and works in the Philippines as well as the USA.
- Soft-spoken and a bit camera shy, he is known for keeping a relatively low profile and not drawing too much attention to himself.
Family, Parents & Married Life :
- Robert Charles Chien was born on April 20th, 1971. He was raised in the United States.
- Robert is of Japanese and Chinese heritage, but he doesn’t speak either of these languages.
- Robert’s cousin, Christine Yasunaga, was a cast member on Flower Drum Song, a Broadway revival show that also featured Lea Salonga. Christine introduced Robert to Lea.
- In November 2002, Robert went on his first date with Lea. They were married on January 10th, 2004, at the Cathedral of the Lady of the Angels in Los Angeles, California. They continue to be happily married today despite many unfounded rumors of separation throughout their many years together.
- In 2005, Robert and Lea moved to Manila, in the Philippines, due to Robert starting a business there.
- Robert has one child with Lea, a daughter named Nicole Beverly Chien, born on May 16th, 2006. Beverly was Lea’s mother’s name.
- Robert has mentioned that he is not quite keen on seeing his daughter joining showbiz given how demanding and invasive it is in your private lives.
- Chien continues to live in the Philippines with his wife Lea and his daughter Nicole. When Lea is away for work engagements, Robert remains at home with their daughter. He is generally very involved in her upbringing.
Career, Job, Net worth & Business :
- Robert is a businessman in the technology industry.
- He spent a lot of his time working in the United States but then moved to Manila in 2005 to pursue business ventures there.
- He started his own company, Ambient Media, a multimedia venture. He is the President of the company, which works closely with the Philippines’ movie industry and provides various animation and audio-visual opportunities for filmmakers. The company even helps out with orchestra options for soundtracks.
- Apart from dealing with leading the company, networking, file-sharing, and communicating with people all over the world, Robert also participates in the graphic animation side of projects.
- Robert is the Executive Director of RPG Metanoia, a full-length 3D animation film that was entirely made in the Philippines, a great feat for the industry. In 2010, RPG Metanoia was awarded one of the Best Picture awards by the 2010 Metro Manila Film Festival.
Interesting Facts, Height & Trivia :
- Robert has been very open about his love for art and nurtured a desire to become an artist from an early age. He is a fairly good singer and has even busted out surprise solos at his wedding and later at a Christmas concert held by his wife Lea.
- When he is not working, Chien loves to cook and play golf as well as to spend some quality time with his family. He is a fan of video games, like Lea, and they spend a lot of time gaming together when they have days off.
- Lea praises Chien for how supportive he is of her.
- Robert also enjoys watching movies from his laptop and admits that he is not a big television watcher, choosing instead to watch the news and other series on his laptop straight from the internet.
- He is also a big fan of staying fit and eating healthy and works very hard to stay in shape and keep his diet as clean as possible. His love for good food is what fuels his passion for cooking.